or Connect

Posts by sdg4vfx

FWIW A pair of Q300's and Q600c is the same price. Again, I would only recommend this option if you're going with Q300's as your LR mains. Many "matching" centers are undersized so I understand a comment like "bigger is better" re center speakers. But the optimal goal for HT is an even front sound stage which you get best from three identical speakers.It appears though your more pressing question is your music/HT listening mix. If music is a big deal to you then I...
I have an SVS SB12-NSD and really like it. It is very accurate and detailed, and an excellent sub for use with smaller speakers (i.e. it has a very nice upper range). Re speakers - have you considered the NHT Absolute Zero's? They are sealed speakers, wall mount quite easily and can output a lot of sound for a speaker their size (plus they come in white if that helps with the WAF).
I think all that's happening is fewer forum members have experience with in-wall. Responses may come a bit slower is all.
+1 Placement/space is big issue - stands vs on-shelf vs in-shelf vs wall mount. It's probably a great place to start as it may narrow down you choices considerably and very quickly.
To me that KEF thread/article you reference is out of sync with what most forums/reviewers have been saying the last couple of years - that KEF lost it's way for while but has really made a come back (both in SQ and dollar value) with the R and Q series, and of course the LS-50. Of course the ultra-high-end KEF's (Blades, Reference Series) have always been well respected, but like all ultra-high-end speakers dollar value doesn't exist ; ) General suggestions would be...
^^^ Good suggestion - if you're angling the speakers on the mounts you are creating some good/extra space. If you're comfortable trying out rear-ported then I my first recommendation would be going for the Sierra 1's across the front.
I had close to the same experience comparing the two - but it might come down to the preferred listening volume for OP.For me, the Absolute Zero played better at very loud volumes than the S30 did, the Absolute Zero lost quite a bit (esp in the mids) at lower listening volumes but really hit it's "sweet spot" at medium-loud and up listening volumes. At low to medium-low listening volumes (most of my personal listening) the S30 played much better, but when pushed to very...
All three speaker sets you mentioned will work great with your AVR and sub. Truthfully almost any speaker set would. Since you're wall mounting a sealed or front ported speaker would likely be best/safest. (All three speaker sets you mentioned are excellent, but I would want to audition them first because of the rear-porting/space issue.) Maybe take a look at the KEF Q100 or Q300. Both are front ported and you would not need to use a wall mount for the LR mains as...
+ 1 on the Paradigm MilleniaOne's. There are indeed some excellent satellite speakers but they can start to get pricey. My recommendation of the HTM-200's was to offer a less expensive alternative to the really good satellites ; )
These mounts would work for most of the speakers you're looking at ...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9O8SI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.amazon.com/Pinpoint-AM-40B-Clamping-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B002UV03MW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363120946&sr=1-1&keywords=pinpoint+speaker+mount