or Connect

Posts by Manni01

On some 3D movies there is an option to watch the 2D version (left eye) of the movie, but this option doesn't exist on many 3D movies, distributed as Ron said with at least 2 discs (one 3D bluray, one 2D bluray). This is especially the case for animation, where the movie is significantly different in 2D and in 3D, primarily because the depth of field used in many shots is different, and also because the resolution of the left eye picture on the 3D disc is lower (missing...
I know, that's why I made a joke about it and the other typo (blury vs bluray) but you missed it .
I agree anamorphic content is not likely (and not desirable as far as I'm concerned for the reasons you mention), but what about native 2.35 content for native 21/9 displays? I'm just wondering what this 21/9 feature in HDMI 2.0 could be used for. Surely there could be some benefit to use all the bandwidth and resolution for the part of the movie that is actually displayed (ie the 2.35 or 2.40 part of the 16/9 picture, without black bars, on a native 21/9...
Thanks for the link Madshi.Glad to see they recommend cropping vs scaling when displaying 4K on UHD displays. I wonder if they are going to make any use of the 21/9 ratio which is part of the HDMI 2.0 specs to offer anamorphic 2.35 content (or displays with a native 21/9 ratio).They also seem to confirm, as you implied earlier, that 444 might provide a benefit in compression vs 422.I'm glad they are pushing the new format that far, but it's a shame it's taking them such a...
I agree late last Q of 2015 is optimistic, as it could easily be 2016 or never, which is why in my opinion the new title of the thread is more misleading than the former one.The word likely, which was formerly there, is missing.
Sorry to see you caved in to rumours .Saying coming 2015 more misleading than 2014 (likely) IMHO as we have no guarantee it will make it in 2015, given the speed they are going at. It could be 2016, or never.
Nope, that doesn't count. It has to be official bluray 4K content as per upcoming specs running on a bluray 4K player, so redray doesn't count either.
I have a bet on that too!
I'll concede on the 31st of December at midnight, not a minute before.Not saying it has much of a chance to happen, but in effect the hardware is already out in the PS4. We only need the specs and a f/w update, as well as just one bluray 4K by the end of the year for the title of this thread to remain valid. It was valid when it was started and I don't see any reason to change it yet.On the first of january 2015, I'll send you you cigars (likely) and Ron can update the...
Using standard you WILL clip above 100%. There is no way around that. This is why unchecking balance white luminance provides better results, otherwise you lose peak brightness and on/off contrast for no benefit. This makes no difference with 99% of material (as long as you don't get a tint between 0 and 100% of course).I would really try not to adjust gains at all and let the RGB balance autocal do it. This is how I get the best results, and there is no tint as long as...