or Connect

Posts by OldRelayer

I am looking at this vCr, it suits what I want to do with it, primarily S-video because that is the input I have left open on my TV and it does read will and was reviewed favorably. Of course it is pretty cheap, I suspect mainly because it has not remote. I looked at replacement remotes and they cost a lot more than the VCR. I do have a Radio Shack 8 in one and it has been great, I have pretty much all my separates and this make my wife very happy. There are 7...
I did a lot of research and I think I could do what is necessary. We tried to look at this pragmatically, we did the Replaytv thing because save money and it has worked out for the most part, but now it is becoming a money pit. I found a great website that has a national and local tvguide which makes it easier to find programs without the Replay guide. This monday there are 3 progams on that we would like, right now I can only do two, might pickup a cheap working VHS...
Hello Steve, thank you so much for your reply.] Those hard drives are readily available from $20 to $50, that doesn't scare me much. I am a little confused on how you get the program and the patch on to the unit, if you could please explain. We are getting pretty good at sliding one unit out and another one in. The thread for the clock doesn't address my problem, it isn't that the clock isn't getting set, it is that it doesn't keep time. I sure hope when I finally...
Some one told me this would be a good place to post with my problem, so here I am. Without getting into to much detail, I have 3 of these machines and when they work they are great and do everything we need it to do. Two have freeze up problems, one which is the one I would like to use because it has a fan and an upgraded hard drive is really bad, just can't do much with it. The other one is better but it still has the problem, but it is possible to get it to do...
Thank Scoo for your reply. But the whole deal with the HS-2000 is you can still get a Program Guide, they were going to cancel it but they were forced apparently to keep it. Other than the PG I have a lot of other ways to record but the program guide is so convenient. I am afraid you could buy any number of alternatives that don't have a PG. The deal with the 2000 was you got PG that went with the machine forever and so far that has saved us a ton of money. I am going...
We have used this machine since it was first released somewhere around 99 or 2000. We bought two of them, it was cheaper to buy two than to buy a service contract. We wore the first one out some time ago, it stopped keeping time, without the correct time it is just a big paper weight. We got about 7 years I guess out of the first one, the second one since it had not been used didn't have the right software so we had to send it back to Panasonic and they fixed it for...
I am sorry if I am touching on something already discussed in this thread, it is so large, I can't read all the posts. I actually have 3 2000 showstoppers, why? Because they had lifetime program guide. When we bought the first two about 12 years ago it was more than the TiVo machines, but was worth it because you could make it up pretty quickly in program guide charges. Now I have 3 doorstops, I am pissed to say the least. I am willing to go in on a class action...
Got my new programmable digital converter box today. Works great and it was an economical way out, $41 including shipping. I bought two Digital Stream 9950's, I sure would have bought 2 of these had I know, but the other Digital Stream is ok for watching TV real time, in this way we can record something and watch something else. I may post this to the general forum, it might help someone through it without the hassel I had. Thanks for all your help, Barry
atually it works perfectly except it doesn't keep time. It was the original unit we used for about 7 or 8 years before the problem. When I set the unit up that we are now using it wouldn't work either because it wasn't getting updates. Panasonic was great, all I had to do was get it there they programmed it and sent it back for no fee and we have been using it for about 2 years. I hate thinking of the work it is going to be to set it up, test it and then set the other...
Yes Henry, that is pretty much what I do now for the 3.5mm connection, I choose directTV and then tried every code for hours, none worked. I do have a spare unit, I may decide to open it up and see how hard it would be to steal the electronic from it for the other machine. Unfortunately the other unit has a clock that doesn't work, although it be a lot of work, I could test it by setting it up and it it works try to see how much of the electronics could be easily taken. ...