or Connect

Posts by Plasma54321

I guess "L" doesn't always mean Luminance. Any rationale as to chosing this method vs just a delta luminance (%) error? Is it more consistent with the CIE94 dE? Newer statndard? How is it better?
I think you have just described the direction that I am heading. How to find the right set of measurments that indicate what you are seeing. Then adjusting those parameters to optimize and get the right picture. I agree the RED primary is oversaturated (in fact I measured it at around +11%). So the next question is what to do? Lower luminance? That is what DVE DVD has suggested, but never quantified how much? Tom Huffman's Color Calibration thread states that...
No, not yet. Never thought of the Yellow marker test to evaluate it. I to have been doing some investigation into COLOR/TINT control setting (see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1188417). The thing that I have noticed with my PZ85 is that at higher settings (COLOR=42) the Red and other colors seem way over done. Lower the setting to COLOR=40 and things are way better but still a little oversaturated with red. Right now I'm evalutating COLOR=39 with...
That's a question that I have been asking myself for quite a while. I'm no expert nor professional calibrator but have had little success with either the Avia or the DVE (darker blue) filters for setting either Color or Tint to levels that seemed natural and accurate. I have a 42PZ85. I'm interested in what the more experienced people have to say. Maybe it's my green contact lenses.
I believe the absolute level for both HCFR Luma error and ChromaPure's L error will end up at the same point with an 0% error, however the rate at which each calculation reaches that absolute level is different. HCFR is more sensitive as the plotted data displays. I don't have a clue what the numbers mean? HCFR linear luma values (0.688/0.715)? ChromaPure Lightness values (85.398/87.736)? Where do they come from? Normalized levels? Absolute levels?
This is a continued examination of the results for the HCFR and ChromaPure Color related software data. This second chart using the same core color data as the prior chart but displays a comparison of HCFR delta Luma (%) error with ChromaPure's Luminance (%) error {top bars on chart}. It also shows both the Saturation and Hue (%) errors {bottom bars on chart} for the same set of Color data runs. The first observation is that there is about a 2x difference between the...
I have been trying to get the hang of using and interpreting the results of the various delta E Calculators, in an attempt to gain additional incites for getting accurate Color and Tint control settings. I took some HCFR Color Data runs and compared the various deltaE values from HCFR and chromaPure's CIELUV and CIE94 calculator. I then plotted the data on the chart below. The first observation is that both the HCFR dE and chromaPure's CIELUV calculations are within...
Downloaded new dE Calculator. I got these results (below - top is NEW and bottom is OLD). You mentioned a change in CIE94 GREEN. I was wondering about the changes in CYAN (from 5.2 to 6.3) and MAGENTA (from 3.1 to 3.6) values. OK?
Where might I find the updated deltaE calculator? Is the link available? Thanks.
To summarize the COLOR data to this point (tables below) are HCFR data and ChromaPure deltaEs. Both the starting point COLOR=33 TINT=0 and the RED Luminance=0% optimization setting of COLOR=40. Notice there are differences in the calculation results for the CIELUV values in HCFR and the ChromaPure calculators. Inparticular, HCFR Yellow BEFORE dE=7.6 and chromaPure Yellow Before (top below) dE=8.1 It seems to me these...