or Connect

Posts by Plasma54321

Well, after much thought and a headache or two studying both Tom Huffman and alluringReality's comments. Please, consider I've only used the HCFR software and EyeOne Display LT meter on exactly 3 LCD monitors for computers and one HDTV the Panasonic 42Z85 I have been referring to. Here's my best shot at both trying to understand, interpret and apply your suggestions regarding getting a more color accurate TV setting with only COLOR and TINT controls available. Up to...
1) The TINT=0 data set was my final COLOR=33 setting used as a starting point for all the tint changes. The included chart shows that the Primary Color Luminance= brightness is CONSTANT for all the Tint settings (0 to -10 by 1). 2) I don't think I understand how I would use your modified targets for the Primary Colors. The TINT=0 starting point is for COLOR=33 fixed. At this point I was only changing TINT values (Secondary colors) trying to find an optimum. 3) I sort...
I guess I wasn't clear. I'm trying to get a sense for what factors and what relative importance they have to each other for optimization. For instance the order of importance that I would place on these parameters based on your post: 1) Brightness = L => Most Important 2) Hue = H 3) Saturation = S => Least Important
Tom, I have reread your "Basic Guide to Color Calibration" for the nth time. Each time I read it I understand something a little more. It seems to me that in your discussion of Color and it's characteristics - luminance or brightness level is important to getting both a measured accuracte color and a visually perceived accuracy when viewing with your eyeballs. Did I get is right? I have been looking at my data with dE Calculator from ChromaPure that outputs all the...
I'm not quite sure how the brightness target values would be used? The YWhite=31.53 from my TINT=0 data table values. It looks like the modified Secondary x,y locations are close to the calculations that I did. They seem to match within 0.01 for either x or y.
After thinking some more on this whole COLOR/TINT optimization experiment, I thought I would summarize everything so far. I basically started this process soon after getting my Panasonic TH-42PZ85U HDTV, Oppo DV980H DVD Player, Avia and VE Calibration DVDs last year. I tried a number of times to adjust both color and tint with the color filters from both of the test discs mentioned and never got what I considered “good” results. Red never seemed right on faces and...
I looked at the Excel Color Corrector Calculator Tab Sheet. If I understand the method here, I would take my TINT=0 readings and then calculate the modified/new Secondary targets for Yellow, Cyan and Magenta. I then could check all the data previously taken to match the modified target x and y data to get the “best fit” for the TINT setting. So referencing the acutal data below for closest target values (in RED) for each color: Optimized Yellow => TINT= 0 ...
I'll check it out.
I'll have to download and try out the Color calculator that you suggest, to see if the values of TINT that I have selected is in/on the actual Primary color triangle. Still I'm wondering whether there is a color hierarchy to aim for? One that matches what the eyes are actual capable of detecting. In other words, what color is the eye most sensitive to or least sensitive.
The problem that I have with looking at the CIE Diagram that it seems that it can mislead one, because it does not include luminance data. Therefore, if you align to the x and y coordinates - that will not necessarily give you a minimum deltaE for the color. So I tend to ignore it and have been only looking at deltaE's for either Primary or Secondaries. If I get what you are saying about School 1: Wherever the best Primaries are located the Secondaries should be...