or Connect

Posts by Plasma54321

How does it look now? The charts look excellent. Do people have a nice natural look and everything else look right?
So if I understand what you are saying, the grayscale measurement only consists of the GREEN or Y component (of the XYZ system), therefore my OLD and NEW plots for luminace and gamma are similar. Then, why when adjusting the white point, one balances all 3 colors to 100% as the goal, the colorimeter must read the RED and BLUE colors to allow this adjustment? I'm not getting it. Why some of my charts are similar and some are not? It seems like they should all be out of...
I believe you had/have an i1 Display 2 meter. I think you even stored it in a hermetically sealed (with desiccant) container. How much useable meter life did you get and what was the error that you experienced? My feeling is that if temperature and humidity kill these meters the only safe place is the refrigerator in a sealed container. Would have been nice if the manufacturer said that! Cool and dry place is what just about everything made says on the label.
Well, the gamma data is based on relative brightness levels so if the absolute level is off that would not affect the delta % values. Therefore, if everything is still linear, then the gamma before and after should look the same. However, I'm having trouble with the luminance vs RGB levels. The luminance plot I have (see above) has all 3 colors displayed - not the luminance only plot. Therefore, if RED is low shouldn't it show up as low on the RED color luminance...
I am still confused as to why the luminance and gamma plots look so similar. The luminance plots are all most on top of each other. The gamma has some differences with the RED data darker (gamma higher) for most of the chart with the exception of 90% point. Why are is this data reasonably good, when the RGB Levels, color temperature,and CIE diagram data clearly indicate a big problem? What am I missing? How would you adjust or correct for this in HCFR? Can an...
So you saw about a dE=40-50 shift in color error in 12-18 months. I trying to quantify what people have actually measured and over a definite time period. In my case, the (see above) reference plots were 26 months apart and have massive RED filter error with normal storage.
I want to refocus to the original thread questions (below): I recently tried measuring both a new Westinghouse VR-3730 LCD HDTV and my older Panasonic 42PZ85 plasma HDTV. I used my i1 Display LT colorimeter with HCFR software, only to find a large RED color shift. The subjective PQ looks OK but the i1 is reading RED at about 50-60% lower than what I would be expecting. I directly compared an older data file of my Panasonic TV with a new one at the same TV settings....
This is a direct quote from the side of my box for the meter:"Designed to meet the needs of creative professionals and discerning digital imaging enthusiasts. Eye-One Display LT ensures reliable and accurate color onscreen. With the easy-to-use software wizard, you'll achieve consistent predictable color on all types of monitors - LCD, CRT and laptops - with a few simple clicks." That sounds like people seriously interested in getting "good" results. The product is...
So the blue and green filters failed and only the red is valid. Then why is my red luminance value down more than 60%. Why? How? This misinformation is not acceptable. So the only good meter is $10K. Then X-rite should state that fact. This is the standard argument - blue filters are not good. Get a colorimeter they are not good. Get a spectrophotometer but not a $1K one only a $10k one. I am talking about a 60% error in less than 4 years of limited use. That is...
I have cheap Radio Shack meter that is over 20 years old, yet it still is useable for low precision work. If the the i1DisplayLT relies on a stable red filter then why is it so difficult to keep stable. After all the Blue and Green filters seem to have little or no problems with drift. This is a chemical dye issue that should have been corrected 5-6 years ago. Nothing else in the meter would account for a 60% error.