or Connect

Posts by SoundofMind

I asked KEF CS about the oddly short stand height recommendation and was told that typically the chairs in England are not as tall as in the US (?!).  Basically whatever your seated ear height is the correct height for the speakers.  Of course, in the studio the monitors often have to be mounted quite a bit higher and in that case are simply angled to aim at the mixer's ears.
IME no, it's not what I'd describe as a "big improvement" in SQ.  I'm using "big" as in a significant speaker upgrade or, say, going from MultEQ or MultEQXT to XT32.   I hear a small but clear improvement in "audiophile"-level SQ (clarity, ambiance, soundstage) with good speakers and good quality source material when critically listening using DL. But very few folks use DL, mostly because resultant differences are not night-and-day AND because it's a proprietary Denon...
Those creeps tried to rip me off, fortunately I caught them in time and my credit card co backed me up. They were NOT authorized and KEF wiill not honor warranty from such sellers.  Caveat Emptor. For a reliable, trusted AUTHORIZED dealer call jd for current  pricing, he's a pleasure to deal with: JD – www.avscience.com  585-645-1006 - "call" for our pricesMon – Fri 9am – 9pm EST (weekends too; leave message)jd@avscience.com    Authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha,...
I'd be glad to but I'm in MI.  How about posting this request on the AVR 4311/A100 thread, there's WAY more owners. The AVR 4310 thread is less active but that was a popular DL4 model too.  I'm unclear if you're getting any DenonLink function-does DL3 work for you with this refurb? If so, hopefully you can fiddle more with the infernal third Blu light process enough to get it linked. DL3 is really the only mode I hear a diff on-and that's with well-recorded music, when...
I have two of the earlier DD10 model but I think the electronics/FW design is similar .   Velo offers several convenient preset modes at the touch of a button, great for folks like me who have a single combined music/HT setup.  They decided to call the most accurate mode, the one with the tightest servo setting and flattest="reference" FR curve "Jazz".  It is the "reference" setting for the sub in that the Vol setting in this mode is what is used for calibration s the AVP...
Did you try Pressing the std button on remote?  The stereo button also works.
Ahh, I see your point. I hadn't read his post carefully enough. 
AFAIK 2EQ does not EQ the sub channel at all.  I've never seen a report of 2EQ behavior during Autosetup so although odd, what you're experiencing may be normal.  You could inquire directly from "Ask Audyssey" on their FB page. 
You're welcome.  I put way more effort into room acoustic theory, auto room EQ, subs and bass management than I'd imagined.   As to the Velo internal vol. it's just fine =6, that is my jazz/default reference calibration level with Audyssey in my DenonA100/4311-and I confirmed with Velo CS that it was OK. No need to change anything just for that.  . And BTW you want your AVR sub ch trim set somewhere towards the middle range during AVP autosetup, never maxed at it's upper...
 You cannot use the manual GEQ and Audyssey at the same time.  Besides, the GEQ is primitive & basically useless.  The mids will be prominent when at lower listening levels, and that's when DynEQ can really help bring up the bass and even a bit of treble. For greatest effect use RLO=0.   But if you are really cranked, up near reference level (MV=0) there should be no lack of bass or highs.  I don't know what's up with your speakers or your room but to get less mids try...