or Connect

Posts by fierce_gt

I guess, I agree that it's a 'wow' moment, but for the other 95% of the movie, don't you want more depth to enhance the realism?I just remember watching movies from the 80's/90's and even when you watched the 2D version it was so obvious the movie was made for 3D because every 5mins one of the actors would grab a long stick or something, point it at the camera and move it in and out...my opinion, is that those 'pop out' moments are overused, and aren't what will keep ppl...
it's not going to outperform it, but it will out-value it.a poor room will make all projectors worse, not just the good ones. it's just that when it comes to really high contrast projectors, or ones that achieve really dark black levels, those will get hit harder by a bright room.but a bright room is going to make the blacks on a 1070 look better than on the sony or jvc. they would look about the same at worst. since I don't believe the 1070 is significantly brigher than...
totally agree, I'd happily spend 2x as much for an OLED or plasma, than an edge-lit LED. if lcd manufacturers ever get the heads out of their arses and focus on picture quality again, I would consider a FALD unit, but that's it. every edge-lit LED I've seen had severe uniformity issues that rendered the tv unwatchable in my dark room.all that being said, if I'm going to buy a throwaway type tv, something that will be installed in the bathroom, or an RV or something like...
if you polled 'real users' I'd bet more than 90% are happy with the level of IR on the f8500. as far as plasma's go, it's among the best at resisting IR. and I'm pretty sure the best on the market today. so, if you can't handle the IR of the f8500, you can't handle plasma.
yup, IF the shift actually makes the pixel display a different color, it will help. I just don't see many static logos that are 4pixels wide or less. it would probably help more if you're looking at text on webpages or something like that, not so much for broadcast TV.for ME, I find cutting off the edges and losing the 1:1 pixel mapping is more noticeable and more annoying than any IR I get with the pixel orbiter off.
isn't that a good thing?the 'omg a spear is coming right at me' moments are so annoying, and usually do nothing to make you believe what you're watching. I think the increased depth of field does a lot more to enhance the immersion
it's hard to make any judgement off a video(I mean I can make it louder or quieter with my volume) but based off the sound of the startup tone, that's WAY louder than mine. as would be expected with the back off and the mic inches away, I guess. but yeah, that would drive me nuts, and I don't notice the buzzing on mine at all.
first, the pixels are 'fixed' on the display. the pixels don't shift, the image does. so if the pixel shifter works both vertically and horizontally, it will shift the image over 4pixels left, then 4 down, then 4 right, then 4 up, and repeat. if the static image on screen has a pattern of less than 4pixels thick, then this would indeed help. but a logo would be 30, 40, 50 pixels wide, or in the case of a ticker bar, the horizontal shift would do nothing since it's the full...
the way I read it, he was saying you don't get a better PQ just because you paid more.a $2500 f8500 is just as good as a $3000 f8500. spending 500bux more doesn't change anything.that being said, I can see two reason why prices will stay high1)Samsung doesn't have any direct competition. reducing the price would sell more units, but they've probably take sales away from their LED line, not from LG's plasma line, or even another competitors LED's.2)retailers don't need to...
^^as another caveat, I would add that you must use a full resolution BD 3D source, cause running SBS(the only one I've tried so far) is ridiculous. it's absolutely the worst 3D I've ever seen, and 100% unwatchable. it's almost like you don't have the glasses on at all there's so much crosstalk. same results were achieved with the 3D glasses that came with the jvc projector, and the 3d performance on the projector(actually one of the weaknesses of the x35) is far, far...