or Connect

Posts by fierce_gt

you might actually see more improvement making the screen wall dark, and the adjacent walls black. honestly, next to the bright screen, anything dark looks black, but the side walls where the light is actually reflected off of, will be a lot more visible.
^^what i meant was that if abl kicks in only for bright scenes, and reduces that brightness so that it looks just like it would if i set the cell light to say 10 instead of 20, then it'd be a lot nicer to see a system that maintains that brightness instead of reducing 'just because'. a cell light of 20 is way to fricken bright, the end. i'm not going to turn my contrast down to 50 to compensate for that. turning down cell light works well, but if it increases abl, that...
i was fortunate(i guess?) that my other TV died last year so i was kind of forced to buy a new one. as it turns out 2013 was likely the best year for plasma ever, so it was good timing. knowing that i 'needed' a new tv, it was an easy decision for me to buy the best i could. my initial plan was zt60, but the f8500 caught my attention and eventually won me over. i still have my thoughts at times, but not about the f8500, just if the zt60 may have been better.it's a tougher...
also not a 3D fan, but i THINK the emitter comes bundled with 2pairs of glasses for about 250, or you can buy just the emitter for 120(going off memory from about a year ago, so lots of room for error).as for the glasses, any of the newer RF glasses should sync up. the samsung glasses that came with my f8500 work just fine, and i actually prefer them to the jvc ones which i find annoying after several minutes. neither are very comfortable though, imo.
'normal' viewing mode, yes, the f8500 has more lag, more than double(~120ms)with game mode activated, it's about on par with the vt60(~50ms)with PC mode activated, it's slightly better(~35ms)i actually 'tested' mine(the values above are compared to a low lag lcd, not CRT), but unfortunately i could not compare directly to a vt60, so i'm basing that comparison off what i've read about vt60 input lag tests
basically.if content is uber cheap, like a buck a movie, then i would consider it. but the truth is, even if the content is 'free' it'll cost me significant coinage just for the bandwidth to receive it.i still have an issue with paying for something twice. i guess it's like buying something online and then paying for shipping, but at least when i do that online i end up paying significantly less, instead of way more.
if I can get one I'm pleased with I will. but I'm pretty new to DSLR's and even newer to any kind of post processing. it might just be beyond me. for now, I can post some pics I took of my projector, not using RAW, but just messing with the iso and exposure settings as needed. this one is a little higher contrast, and you can see both the whites and blacks started to get crushed[/img]
trust me when I say I'm not the guy to explain it. haha.but it's a higher quality image. like jpeg is compressed, RAW is uncompressed. or something like that. supposedly it's the fact I was not shooting in RAW that was the reason my t3i was making my pics look so bad. I have yet to try shooting in RAW, to be honest, I haven't even looked to see how to change that setting on the camera yet...
I think he's talking about the content on screen only.for example, when I tried to take a picture of this:it ended up looking like this:my camera doesn't have the same contrast ratio as the screen. so even though what I saw with my eyes looked good(no washed out whites, and the shadow details on his chest clear to see), the photo could not capture it.what I was told, is I needed to capture it in RAW format, and do some processing afterwards.interesting enough, it seems...
I feel like both offer a great picture, but the vt60 was about 500bux more expensive than the f8500 when they were around here, I'd say the vt60 is DEFINITELY the better value as long as there's no problems with it. the price you got quoted is less than what I was quoted for an st60 at employee cost here(my friend works at a local shop) I own a f8500, I would have bought the vt60 if it was cheaper. I would have bought the vt60 if it was the same price. I just didn't think...