or Connect

Posts by fierce_gt

I thought the same for PC, you just needed to turn sharpness up a bit.both limit calibration to 'Standard', otherwise all the features i would use, except BO, are available for both. I felt game mode was just slightly better than PC, but I had other issues with game mode and the lag was less with PC, so I figured if I'm going to compromise video quality for lag, I might as well get the least lag
ha, I'd be the last person that could answer that.I couldn't even tell you if the speakers work on my tv
be warned, activating game mode will bring you back closer to what PC looked like. it also restricts many of the video settings.
probably not required(I have a zbox that can just manage to squeeze out 1080p rips with onboard video) but I would spend the 50-75bux and get a dedicated video card. pc's tend to 'lag down' over time, so it's nice to have plenty of headroom. as I said, my zbox can handle it, but it's pretty much at 100% CPU the whole time, and just moving the cursor around is sometimes enough to make video stutter. you may also want to look into dedicated audio solutions as well, but that...
it means the screen should be the focal point.there's nothing wrong with having color in the room, but if you have black EVERYWHERE and then a large red anything, that's going to stand out. having the walls painted red would actually be more subtle and draw your eye away from the screen less than having red chairs in the middle of a black cave.and that doesn't mean seats should never have color. I just think they should blend in with the color of the room, not contrast...
I can't speak for others, but I don't do anything other than push pause.alternatively, you can google screen shots and use those instead, but I'm not sure why pausing your BD wouldn't leave you with an equally clear image.what I'm having trouble with is getting the camera to see anywhere near what I see. I actually tried using a screen capture from google, so I could then put my photo side by side with the original and see how close they were. my camera absolutely...
I had that happen once, a while ago. pretty sure it was long before 1119 came out.honestly, I don't think the updates are the issue as much as the updating process. that is, I think the FW is fine, but if it doesn't install perfectly, you get issues. and that's likely why the factory reset fixes them.that being said, I haven't really noticed any improvements after doing the updates either. I assume most of the changes are with the smart features, which I never use. but...
in 3d?pretty sure it was confirmed the brightness pops in 3d are caused by the glasses(or the interaction between tv and glasses) so I'm not sure that's getting fixed, ever.brightness pops in 2d should be gone though. the only thing that causes variation in black levels in the black optimizer, but I don't think that affects the brighter images on screen. course, there's always the possibility of ABL kicking in I guess
you mean they bought, put it on ebay for 800bux, and then gave up after nobody would pay over retail for something that wasn't that hard to buy, and returned it
if you can ride it out for 5more years, wait. I'm sure by then we'll have oled(hopefully).but if you're thinking only 1 or 2, think hard about buying the f8500. I missed the boat when CRT's died out, and it took me a LONG time before I could find a plasma that offered a similar performance per dollar value(actually it wasn't until I got the f8500 last year! but I think the vt50 would have been great too)I mean, it's not going to be kuro like demand, but I imagine it'll be...