or Connect

Posts by fierce_gt

panasonics WERE discounted. the vt60's were selling for almost the same price as the st60's... samsung pricing will likely remain the same. they can't increase pricing because they were already not competitive in the market. they probably won't reduce pricing because they wouldn't be profitable if they did. this late into the tech's life, the prices will likely remain fairly stable. the only major influence on price will be if demand goes up due to limited production or...
i have a 64" that DOES buzz, but no louder than your average light bulb. it's audible if i turn off all my other electronics and focus on it(seems to help if i face 90* from the screen too). with any content playing, it's totally unnoticeable to me. i'm still a believer that is less a problem of the tv, and more a sensitivity of the viewer.
i find this really depends on the type and location of lights.halogens placed overhead, almost no affect on black levels at all. very goodhalogens placed over viewing area, or shining onto the screen from the front will wash out the blacks like normal. the screen itself is blacker than other plasmas i've had though(not sure how it compares to the vt) so even at it's worst, it's not terrible, like cheaper plasmasnow, i recently replaced all my lights with 6000k LED bulbs,...
i would agree that lens memory is a feature i never wanted, but can now never live without.
there's a reason many still prefer vinyl, tube amps, or crt monitors. i agree with your sentiment, but the debate is not as easy as newer = better. like you said, it's about the cost, and digital is becoming cheaper, that's why it's changing. whether or not it's 'better' is still highly debated. i remember as a kid 'digital' being such a buzz word, and anything that was digital was automatically high tech and better. my first clue that this may not be true was when game...
this always seems like the choice that bogs everybody down. i was choosing between x35 and 50ES last year. ultimately it seemed like a choice between darker blacks(with the jvc) and more versatility(brighter, good motion, less lag). ultimately i went with teh jvc, and i'm happy, but i never got a chance to see the sony, so i have no idea if the 'better blacks' are a big or subtle difference. and i have no idea if the motion is a big or subtle difference. my advice would...
thats an interesting idea! i wouldn't mind that also. i've never seen any local theatres even mention specs(whether it's digital or film, what resolution digital, how many speakers, etc) at best we get 'this theatre supports dolby' generic stuff
our last remaining drive in shut down a couple years after i graduated high school. the last movie i saw there was fast and furious 2 i think... haha.it is definitely a shame, but it's a totally different market these days. drive in movies SUCK in every imaginable way, except for the experience. as kids, we'd pack up in the van with a cooler full of food and it was an awesome night. as a teenager, we'd go to get away from parents, and have a place to be 'alone', but as an...
like it or not, most ppl started pirating because of ridiculous prices. i know i started downloaded music because i did not think i should have to pay 20-30bux for a CD, that only had 12 songs in, and 11 of them were garbage. i have VERY few 'albums', all the cd's i did actually buy were compilation ones so i at least listened to most of the songs.i can assure you, if itunes was around when i was young, and songs were a buck a piece, i would have never had enough...
game mode can not be turned on(or off for that matter) when in PC mode. it basically disables ALL options related to processing, along with many of the calibration and video modes too.in my experience(and others from the owners thread) PC mode is about equal to naming the input GAME, and turning game mode on. BUT, you get a lot more calibration/video options with the GAME settings than you do with the PC setting.