or Connect

Posts by fierce_gt

LED pros:-less power-brighter-less reflective screen-thinner/lighter-better pixel structure(I'm not 100% sure the 51 uses pentile display or not though?)PLASMA pros:-better blacks-better contrast-better colors-better motion-better uniformity-better viewing anglehonestly, if you want an LED with similar PQ you need to step up to something with a local dimming backlight at MINIMUM. if you could get the F8000 for the same price, then we'd have a debate, as it actually does...
this why nearly all of us have the voice command and motion control disabled.
I would agree that the action of the BO is seldom noticeable, and even more rarely distracting. but in my room and my viewing conditions(the less light the better) the difference between Dark room and Off is obvious with a dark scene.I'm a little annoyed that I didn't know what it did exactly before buying the f8500. because it's the BO that makes the f8500's blacks comparable to the vt60's, without it on, it's really not quite there. and that knowledge probably would have...
thanks, i'll see if I can set it to raw, but I was hoping I could capture 'what I see' without having to edit the photo afterI don't think it's that simple, as it's clipping both the high and low end. there is a LOT of shadow detail that is underexposed, while at the same time the whites are obviously overexposed. this pic represented the 'best' I could get while adjusting both exposures and iso settings. to get the shadow detail the whites looked terrible. to avoid...
I have one that I bought last april(a year ago) and it USUALLY just stays black(no message), but I have seen that message before as well. it only pops up for me when switching sources on the receiver(so I assume when it actually disconnects)
I'm glad somebody is finally trying this. I don't know if it was only in prototype phase, but I've seen videos of stuff like that before.I think it will be awesome for 'explosions'. and a lot of those video games scenes look awesome when flashes of light explode out the back of the tv. but I see two things that could be problematic. first, it looks weird during slow, boring scenes. I'm just imagining watching the simpsons or something, and having these high contrast colors...
ok, I know I've asked similar questions in here before, but I got great answers so I'm back again, haha. I was trying to 'check' my photo taking abilities by displaying a screen capture on my tv, taking a photo of it, and then comparing the original screen capture to my photo of it. with assumption being if they looked the same, it was an 'accurate' photo in every single case, no matter what ISO or exposure I used, my photos couldn't even come close to showing what the...
I would say anytime you have issues with HDMI, that is the norm seriously, I hate hdmi because of this. I used to be able to split analog cables 10x if I really wanted to, connect and power up anything in any order and it just worked. hdmi is the biggest pain in the butt just to connect.so ya, if the only issue is long connection periods, then you're one of the lucky ones who has gear that plays well together.I wish that was my only issue, I have dropped connections during...
I would say yes to lcd in general. with a good local dimming unit, or CCFL backlight, it doesn't really take anything special. but with the edge-lit units with really bad flashlighting, it's a nightmare. I gave up, there was just no way I could get the lighting bright enough to cover up the flashlighting without making the room so bright that major screen reflections came into play. I have a CCFL lcd in the same room in the same location now, and it's much easier ot make...
i still feel that as long as what's on screen is brighter than what's behind the tv, it's not a big deal. any dark paint will achieve the look you want.and OLED would certainly be darker, and you wouldn't need any bias lighting to make black look black, but i still don't see a need for something like black velvet behind the screen to make the wall disappear.you'll have to excuse me, as I'm not very good with a camera, but i tried to take a shot of what I'm talking about. i...