or Connect

Posts by Blk02

How far away do you sit from your PRO111FD or PRO151FD. Assume a mixture of SD and HD programming. I know what all the calculators say, but I want peoples opinions. When I say how far way I mean from the front of the screen to your eyeballs. For example, if your sitting on a couch your eyeballs are atleast another two feet away from the edge of the couch. I am debating between the PRO111FD and the PRO151FD so any input is appreciated. I want to make my purchase this...
the light sensor is magnetic and attached to the TV correct?? I did not see this attached anywhere if that is what you are talking about. Again, something strange is going on because the 5020 next to the LCDs looks better than both the 50" and 60" Elites.
Actually I just saw an ISF calibrated Samsung LCD at a Best Buy in Conroe, Texas. This particular Best Buy did not even have a Magnolia store inside. The Best Buy store I usually go to is in The Woodlands, Texas. This store sells the Elite models because it has a Magnolia store inside. I talked to some of the salemen and they said there were four ISF calibrators for the Best Buy stores in the area surrounding Houston. Now I would never use one of these calibrators...
I am on the fence concerning the Pioneer Elite PRO111FD and the Samsung LN52A750. I need to know if the PRO111FD will properly handle a HTPC signal through HDMI. All my movies both HI-DEF and SD are played through my HTPC. Will the PRO111FD do 1:1 pixel mapping with a computer display?? Do any of you use a HTPC on the PRO111FD?? Also, I have concerns about the TV having greyed out whites. It is hard to say its because of the store lighting, but I gues it is...
I have been to the local Best Buy and looked at the Panasonic 58PZ850U, Samsung LN52A750, and Pioneer PRO111FD. I can get any of these at the same price giving or taking about $200.00. When looking at the Pioneer PRO111FD the whites seem to be greyed out. Even looking at the whole screen it seems to have a black tint to it compared to the Panasonic plasma's or the Samsung LCD's. Is this black tint just a setting on the Pioneer or is it native to the display?? ...
I can get either the 52" Samsung LN52A750 LCD or the 50" Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD plasma for nearly the same cost. Which one do you think would work best for HTPC use and gaming on an Xbox 360. I play Bluray and HD-DVD through my HTPC and it will be hooked up to either TV by HDMI. Will there be any 1:1 pixel mapping issues or any other sizing issues when trying to display a PC based image on either of these displays?? You can also purchase the moniter only version of...
I have both a Dinovo Mini and Edge. I only use the Mini for the HTPC. I hate having a full size keyboard or anything larger than the Mini for that matter while on the couch. You will be using whatever device you buy on the couch or reclined, not at a desk. This is what the Mini was specifically designed for. Also you wont be playing any FPS with the track pad on the Mini but hey your only supposed to use it to click on internet explorer or configure things. I use...
What about the front end as far as Media Browser and My Movies. From what I am reading Media Browser will play a HD ISO by auto launching an external program or TMT and mounting the ISO in Virtual Clone Drive when you click on the play button next to the movie icon in VMC??
I need to have seamless playback of HD-DVD/Bluray ISO's through VMC using either PDVD, TMT, or WinDVD 9. According to what your saying it does not matter which player I chose because all of them will offer me this function. Also, what is the deal with TMT being integrated into VMC? How does that work?
I have my HTPC all setup and working in a OrigenAE S16V case and I am ready to get VMC all polished up for Hi-Def playback. What programs should I use to seamlessly enable these features in VMC or what programs should I use instead of VMC. I have full versions of WinDVD 9 Plus, TotalMedia Theater, and PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 4407. I also have AnyDVD-HD and Virtual Clone Drive. I would like to use ISO's for the playback of my Hi-Def content. I will most likely only be...