or Connect

Posts by Blk02

Has anyone tried emailing or calling AMD technical support for graphics to find out why the 4800 series has additional specifications for HD audio??? I found a pre-sales customer support number, but I cannot find a pre-sales email address. If you have one please post it. I would like to ask them this question. If these specifications are in error they need to be fixed.
There are other differences between these cards when it comes to HD audio output. I took this straight off of ATI's website. In my book the only way to go is 4850 for a HTPC unless you want to use a IGP like the 8200/8300 or G45. The below reason is why the "PowerColor PLAY! HD4850 512MB GDDR3" has HDMI and Display Port native (It was meant for HTPC). The 4800 series cards support the more important audio features over HDMI and Display Port. The DTS-HD and True-HD...
There are other differences between these cards when it comes to HD audio output. I took this straight off of ATI's website. In my book the only way to go is 4850 for a HTPC unless you want to use a IGP like the 8200/8300 or G45. The below reason is why the "PowerColor PLAY! HD4850 512MB GDDR3" has HDMI and Display Port native (It was meant for HTPC). The 4800 series cards support the more important audio features over HDMI and Display Port. The DTS-HD and True-HD...