or Connect

Posts by TKO1

Well thank you for calling me a liar and disingenuous. The graphs weren't mislabelled. The graph isn't stretched in dB. What you are seeing is an imprecise volume measurement setting between the two devices. It is the curve of the response that is important and not the absolute dB level.No wonder why professional people with important insights that could add to this discussion and others stay away. As will I.
In your opinion.... have you actually tried it/measured it?I have. And the most recent iteration of it, on a Yamaha CX-A5000, performed better in my listening space with the same speakers/positions then XT32.Yamaha CX-A5000 vs. Denon AVR-4311CI, same measurements, positions etc.Cheers.
I wouldn't bet against it. You might not buy an HDMI 2.0 cable because you know that the current high-speed cables for version 1.4 are fully capable of carrying the 2.0 version data. But there will be literally hundreds of thousands/millions of unaware customers who will be sold HDMI 2.0 cables.Cheers.
I could be wrong, but I think the discussion in the Audyssey thread started after the publication of Dr. Rich's analysis in April 2013. This was then also identified by Kal in Stereophile etc.Cheers.
Try here. Texas Instruments PCM1690.Cheers.
Hey Keith,actually Dr. Rich identified this issue when he was reviewing Anthem's ARC back in April 2013.Agreed the AV8801 is a world-class product. As are most of the others on the list. Just wish the AVR manufacturers wouldn't cut costs there. It is bad enough to not even provide printed manuals with products costing >$2,500. :-(Cheers.
Anthem D2 would be above that price would it not.Cheers.
Actually, he criticizes pretty well all AVRs for their choices in volume controls, especially when they are using state-of-the-art DACs. He points out the volume control is the limiting factor in "system signal resolution" in his article on build quality of AVRs. It is a very good read, especially when you look at some of the higher-end processors.Cheers.
Dr. Rich, at Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, looked at the service manual during a review of the Marantz AV8801. There is a back-and-forth between Marantz and Dr. Rich about the volume control.Cheers.
I think they are on the CD-ROM that came with the CX-A5000?Cheers.