or Connect

Posts by ImTheOne

You don't seem very receptive to anything I have to say, so I thought I would wait for someone else to explain this to you. Since no one else has stepped up to do that, I will explain why my recorders continued to work using the older firmware versions and why your recorder(s) started working again after you installed version .21 of the Sony firmware.Clearly you don't understand the inner workings of these recorders.The DHGs are essentially single purpose computers with no...
As far as the number of units produced, the gap between the serial numbers of my newest and oldest recorders is 6034 (inclusive). I seriously douibt that I have either the first or last unit produced and this is only for the 250GB units. I believe the 500GB models have a different serial number sequence. I am sure that there are some units that are no longer functional (completely broken), but the vast majority are probably still in use (speculation on my part). That means...
Sony isn't going to make this easy for us. I was informed by Sony that even if I have a solution to fix the clock issue, they won't consider it unless I hold the patent to the solution. If this is the case, a letter writing campaign may be useless. Even I can't figure out a way to patent a solution that involves modifying Sony's proprietary software. On to Plan B. The next stop is the Consumer Affairs division of the State Attorney General's office to file a complaint. I...
No, I'm dealing with different representatives. Several calls back and forth at this point. My complaint has been escalated to the highest tier.
That's correct, it just doesn't work anymore.If one of the computer chips in your car stopped working because of an unanticipated issue, you would want the problem fixed so your car worked again. You wouldn't be satisfied that it worked as originally designed and now it is okay that it doesn't work because it worked as designed when you bought it.
So many wrong things that I don't know where to start.Yes, Sony should have included the manually setable clock and modified the instructions in the manual to tell users how to avoid scheduling problems. Sony should not have removed the ability to set the clock because some users didn't understand how to use the equipment (if this was indeed the motovation for the removal of this feature).Again you missed the point. You would expect the driver that did the damage to be...
You're comparing apples and oranges. The design flaw is Sony not providing a means to set the clock manually, not Rovi removing the TVGOS data stream containing the time information.
I was looking at some settings on one of my recorders and realized I gave you some incorrect information. I'm just surprised that no one corrected it. I have my live buffer set to 30 minutes not 60 as previously stated. This takes up 2.4% of the disk. So I would estimate that your 90 minute buffer takes up 7.2% of your disk assuming you have the 250GB model.
You've made my point for me. Even earlier versions of recorders with TVGOS had the ability to set the clock manually.Just because the ability to set the clock manually was intentionally omitted doesn't mean it isn't a DESIGN FLAW. Every product that is eventually shown to have a design flaw was designed that way from the start. Just because a product is manufactured to design specifications doesn't mean that it doesn't have a design flaw. Design flaws don't always show up...
Interesting article. Maybe we should all write letters to Kazuo Hirai. Sounds like he might care about Sony's electronics reputation and might be sympathetic to our situation.