or Connect

Posts by Airion

There's no question the projector can do 144hz. The problem is that to display 60fps 3D (120fps) at 144hz the projector would need to repeat 24 out of the 120 frames, resulting in judder, and some input lag due to the timing differences. It's just smarter for the projector to operate at 120hz in that case. What would be interesting is if the PC could also operate at 144hz, giving the projector 72fps 3D, but most likely the limits of HDMI prevent it.
I believe the projector operates at 120hz for 60fps content, and the 144hz mode is reserved for 24fps content.120/60 = 2, so each frame is flashed once in each eye.144/24 = 6, so each frame is flashed three times in each eye.144/60 = 2.4, wouldn't work.So you may find those glasses don't work if you want to watch 3D Blu-rays.
Thanks, that's great to hear!
Did you have an opportunity to look for it? One way to mask ghosting in a demonstration would be to simply not show content that would reveal it (scenes with high contrast and a lot of depth).
Very interesting. I'm also curious about how this actually works.My guess would be the left and right images are repeated and displayed in different directions. Each eye receives copies of both the left and right images, but it's designed such that the left eye mostly sees copies of the left image, and the right eye mostly sees copies of the right. If the left eye sees two copies of the left and one copy of the right, the left image will dominate overall. I think that...
Indeed not. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-playstation-4-doesnt-support-3d-blu-rays Sony said, "not at launch, sorry." Sounds like it's coming, but didn't make the first cut.
Reading the report, this didn't sound believable to me. How can you get great looking, detailed images out of low resolution? The information just isn't there.
I don't see anything special about the Avegant. "an 80-inch panel viewed from eight feet away" tells you that it doesn't fill your vision like the Oculus Rift is designed to, and is easily a lesser FoV than what you can get with a front projector. It's "a bit like the Oculus Rift" which is probably accurate. A bit!
PS4 will support 3D Blu-ray:http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/xbox-one-ps4-3d-blu-ray-playback/The 1.50 firmware update is day one, and is required for DVD and Blu-ray playback among many other things.
Blu-ray has done well enough despite zero Xbox 360 playback support, so I agree with 8mile13's sentiment there. I'm curious what the hold up is for 3D Blu-rays on Xbox One given it will play 2D Blu-rays though. I would think it's some specific technical holdup, rather than an unnecessary vote of no confidence or show of spite for the format.