or Connect

Posts by Obelik

My electronic projection screen (Favi electronic 120 HD) does not have a 12V trigger. After some searching, I've found instructions online and plan to make one so the projector can trigger the screen up-and-down motions. I wonder if anyone has built a 12V trigger for his/her projection screen to use with the Epson 5020. Does the Epson's 12V trigger supply enough current to a 12V trigger/relay circuit? If it doesn't, then I need to supply 12V current to the relay...
The screen measures 140" diagonally. The projector is an Epson 3020. According to Epson's Image size calculator, the throw distance is 13' 7" to 22' 1". My media room is 20' x 18'. The screen is mounted to the 18' wall. I can mount the projector from the ceiling about 18' from the screen at maximum because of heating vent, etc. I am wondering what would be the optimal distance from the screen to mount the projector (taken into consideration zoom factor, picture...
Sorry I wasn't clear. The pictures were taken when the house was being built. I anticipate project such as building a home theater, so I took pictures. The wall is finished now with dry wall. There is no way for me to drill from below. I asked the builder at the time if I can drill a few holes, but the answer was "no". Now, either I cut into the dry wall or drill from above. Cutting the dry wall is not my top choice.
I want to run 2 HDMIs, 1 cat5e, 1 component video cable, and 1 3.5-mm stereo plug cable down this wall (see pictures) and across the attic to the other side of the room, where the projector is located. My problem is the tight space creates by the roof and the double plate. What is the best approach to accomplish my goal? Would 3/4" drill bit and a right angle drill work? Or is the space too tight for such drilling? Can I drill the holes at an angle and off...
You should read the thread in this forum titled "Guide to building a HTPC."
Favelle, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but I have the same question that you asked originally. Instead of asking in another post, I will add to this one. I hope you don't mind. Without hardware acceleration, what is the minimum CPU (AMD or Intel) to play HD/1080p mkv files? Will an AMD Phenom X3 8650 be enough? My impression is that software decoding of HD mkv files depend on the power of a single core. Currently, there is no decoder that takes advantage of...
Going further per sdsalsero's suggestion by clicking on the "MPC Video Decoder" in filter list yields this property box: What are the different settings in the FFmpeg settings mean? When I go further with the Cyberlink, I get a property box that has a DVXA check box, which is checked, and sliders for adjusting contrast, color, etc. I suppose this means that the Cyberlink H264 decoder is working.
To answer my own question and for future reference for those in similar situation as myself, it is possible to have HA for mkv file with the proper software. It can be done with K-Lite codec pack and MPC-HC. Refer to this thread.
el Filou, thanks for the discussion. What problems are you referring to? Even without knowing what the potential problems are, I agree with you that the only way to find out is to buy and test the hardware with my current configuration. That is a luxury I can not afford. Alternatively, I have been considering a more extensive upgrade to 780G chipset and a more powerful CPU. However, I suppose that this is not a guarantee that HA will work either. It's another buy and...
I thought that amount of CPU utilization was not correct. After some more searching, I tried K-lite codec pack with MPC-HC. It works! The same mkv file now utilizes about 3-7% of the Athlon 64 X2 6000+. I still don't understand how this is done at the moment. MPC-HC uses its native MPC video decoder. From the filter list, I don't see how the stream is being passed to the GPU for HA. Surprisingly, the GPU temperature increases only about 3 degree C according to...