or Connect

Posts by Filmmaker

I'm confused by this post. Where are you seeing the Australian version of the 2-disc Collector's Edition for sale? The very reason I got both the Australian single disc (for the unedited movie) and the U.S. Collector's Edition (for the full slate of bonus features) was to, in effect, synthesize the 2-disc Australian C.E. which, to my knowledge, went out of print very shortly after release.All I can say is that's where I got my copy from, so I consider them legit. I...
Yes, if extras aren't a key factor, go for the Australian edition (I did, and then paired it with the U.S. Collector's Edition so I could get both the unedited film and the bonus features) as found here: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/792930.
Collectors of bonus features, take heed! Contrary to what every review I've read so far of THE JACKAL says or implies, I have physically checked my disc and it IS a direct port of the Collector's Edition DVD! Not only does it feature the director's commentary track and the "Making of THE JACKAL" documentary, but the trailer, deleted scenes and alternate ending ARE present, as well! You simply have to look through the chapter listing for the "Making of THE JACKAL"...
Your right to express public opinions has been summarily revoked by the "Are You F-ing Kidding Me?" committee...
PREDATOR: Extended Edition BD coming to Canada...think it's gonna be a good summer, guys! http://www.amazon.ca/Predator-Extend...865112&sr=1-13
Jesus, people can be rude as hell here with their mad dash to exalt Xylon (not singling out Gertjan at all here, to be clear); for the sake of ridiculous clarity, I'm not attacking Xylon (I think he provides a useful service, he might be right as rain and I'll be the first to admit it), I'm just trying to get clarity around points of confusion first. Something just doesn't add up and I don't know from where the problem stems, so back off with the facepalms (thanks, BsRoz,...
I beg to differ--there are clearly small scar lines on Gary Sinise's cheek and chin that are not evident on the HD-DVD whatsoever. EE is not magic--it can't boost details that weren't there originally. Oh, and thanks, Xylon, for the more direct comparison. I still don't understand why the machine to Hanks' left looks so much more processed in your original capture #2 than in post #141...
The question of APOLLO 13 is not as summarily answered as Xylon's screenshots would indicate. a) There is a shot that is from the same scene as Xylon's screenshot #2 over at blu-ray.com (under the Audio section) that shows none of the same grain reduction and EE haloing that Xylon's shot shows. I understand that these types of digital manipulations can change from shot-to-shot, but this is the same shot, just from a few moments before Xylon's capture. Seems to me either...
It's not on a physical BD or DVD...it's only access to streaming video online.
She's looking a little frog-lipped and emaciated these days for my tastes but, hey, who am I to judge?