or Connect

Posts by Filmmaker

Interesting--Amazon.de was it? My order from them was placed yesterday and shipped this afternoon, but I couldn't confirm anything on the site as to whether it will be the steelbook or not. I desperately hope so...And that's the real deal there; the tasteless rape is bad enough, but to lose that divine theatrical ending, the one that offered in one delicious instant the thematic closure fans of the Jamie Lee Curtis HALLOWEENs had waited decades for in exchange for a ...
I just plopped down over $50 to import this from Amazon.de because I, too, only have interest in the theatrical cut (I bought the U.S. BD for the bonus features only--you don't want to know the depths of fury I felt when I discovered the theatrical cut was not included). So tell me, please, reassure me, won't you--there is a) an English audio track and b) no forced German (or any other language) subs, right?
I beg someone to help me out here. I have the FRENCH CONNECTION Blu-ray and have confirmed (with no small amount of disgust) that the trailers for the film have not been carried over from the Five-Star Collection DVD. Here's where it gets confusing--I keep reading various reviews of the Blu-ray of the sequel, FRENCH CONNECTION II, and some of them say the trailers for either film are still absent while other reviews state that not only does FC II have the trailers for...
Yes, my knee-jerk reaction was to dismiss this and gripe "but it's not the same" (as the "Who's Who" feature didn't contrast with the characters' real-life counterparts), but now that I afford it a moment's consideration, it sounds like "In the Words of..." would, at least, accomplish the same goal as "Who's Who" (help the viewer keep character names and faces straight). Which makes the photo gallery the only major outstanding piece missing from the BD, I guess? Sigh... ...
Sorry, thanks for the help but the interactive field guide is not what I'm referring to; that is a totally separate feature on the SD-DVD and (now in an enhanced form) on the B from the "Who's Who". Additionally, the "We Stand Alone Together" documentary is not the same as the "Who's Who" either, despite both features, perplexingly, bearing the subtitle "The Men of Easy Company". My kingdom for a thorough online review of this set...
Thanks, but the "We Stand Alone Together" documentary and the "Who's Who" feature are both, perplexingly, subtitled "The Men of Easy Company", but the one is definitely not the other. The other possibilities you mentioned seem unlikely. Can anyone else confirm the presence of "Who's Who" and the photo gallery on the Blu-ray set?
Since I won't be able to check for myself for a few days, can anyone please confirm if the feature "Who's Who: The Men of Easy Company" (a feature that clarified how to identify each of the major characters) and/or the photo gallery have been migrated from the SD-DVD over to this Blu-ray (I don't care if the Jeep commercial fell through the cracks)? There is a dearth of reviews for this release online, and these two features remain the only ones for which I cannot confirm...