or Connect

Posts by Blackandwhite

Thanks aasoror. Can you use a USB flash drive instead for this ext3 partition?
Hello, I'm interested in this player but have read about hdd compatibility issues. If I take a hdd out of the pc and plug it in the aios, it won't work because the aios can only work with hdd partitioned/formatted to its own way. Am I mistaken about this? If not, will this be corrected in a future firmware? The hdd I'm using is a WD 3TB hdd partitioned in gparted with GUID partition table (GPT) and a single 3TB NTFS partition.
I have 4.1 speakers connected directly to computer running WinDVD11 trial in Windows XP. WinDVD appears to decode most types of soundtracks correctly enough: Dolby Digital 5.1 Dolby TrueHD 7.1 DTS 5.1 DTS-HD HR 5.1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 DTS-HD MA 6.1 DTS-HD MA 7.1 PCM 5.1 But it decodes Dolby TrueHD 5.1 backwards--people are always talking out of the rear speakers. I tried a few different TrueHD 5.1 movies, which all sound correct enough in MPC-HC but backwards in...
I'm having a problem with bass management in TMT. It is similar to post #451. I have 2.1 front speakers and 2.0 rear speakers connected directly to computer's 3.5mm green and black jacks. TMT does not appear to have option for 4.0 output, so I set output to 5.1, then activated bass management, set subwoofer to off, main speakers to large. However, I'm not getting any bass. I tried with output set to 2.0, still no bass. PowerDVD has "full-range speakers" setting,...
Hello. I'm looking for a cheap player to play .iso files on a 3TB GPT harddisk, preferrably internal. Does anyone have 3TB GPT harddisk working with: 1. Asus Oplay HD2 internal SATA port 2. Asus Oplay HD2 USB port 3. Patriot Box Office / PBO Core internal SATA port 4. Patriot Box Office / PBO Core USB port 5. Uebo M200 internal SATA port 6. Uebo M200 USB port From what I've read on these and other forums, 2 should be OK. 3 and 4 may not work according to...
Quote: Try as this guide: http://www.tested.com/news/how-to-en...vie-files/329/ If your system work, you must adjust the script. bye I get closer but still not there. Resize and Avisynth will not work together for DVD... using 640x480 x30fps .avi, resize set to 2x and avisynth on in ffdshow, MPC gives 1280x960 x60fps (nice) using DVD, resize set to 1920x1080 and avisynth off, MPC gives 1920x1080 x24fps using DVD, resize off and avisynth on, MPC...
I have trouble with Avisynth. It makes the MPC window jump back and forth in size between 853x480 and 1920x1080 repeatedly when I play a DVD. I followed the instructions in post #1, watched the youtube video, put the plugins and dlls in their places and configured ffdshow and MPC, but have no luck with any of the Avisynth scripts. If I uncheck avisynth in ffdshow, then MPC stays at 1920x1080. I'm running Windows XP. Thanks for any help.
If I understand correctly, the subwoofer from a so-called 2.1 set cannot be swapped with the subwoofer from a 5.1 analogue set? The former would seem to have some internal circuitry for mixing the Left and Right channels before a low-pass filter, while the latter would seem to be "dumb" and would just play the dedicated LFE channel as is?
Hi, Sorry for silly question but I'm new and couldn't find answer from searching existing messages. Why do 2.1 computer speakers only have 2 signals (green mini plug with 3 wires) while 5.1 speakers have 6 signals (green, black and orange mini plugs)? Or do some 2.1 speakers have both green and orange plugs? Is there some loss of information due to sending 3 channels (left, right, subwoofer) through 2 signals? I'm asking because I'm currently using a 4.0...