or Connect

Posts by SillyConVal

I notice that the warranty period for this unit is 2 years. If the unit fails after that, is repair available from Hauppauge at a reasonable price, or must one at that point purchase a new unit if he wants to continue using a 1212?
I get tired of seeing the same old faces in movie after movie. What's Gandhi doing in this movie? DiCaprio disappeared beneath the icy waters following the sinking of the Titanic, did he not? What's he doing here in this movie - after that? I would find it a whole lot easier to get immersed in the plot of a movie if I did not have to deal with altogether too familiar faces in unfamiliar roles. Ticket prices could be a whole lot lower too, if lesser known actors were...
With regard to:The FAQ on the Hauppauge website states:"Currently, the Arcsoft TME application will only support editing from the beginning or the end of a clip to preserve 5.1 audio. Any editing or cuts made in the middle segments of a clip will result in the audio being transcoded back to 2.0"Hauppague ought to get their FAQs straight.
This thing needs more than standards. It needs standards that involve no sacrifice of 1920 x 1080 resolution for broadcast 3D TV. No such standards are being proposed. Why would anyone want to give up resolution for the 3D experience? This is a reversion toward the blurriness of VHS tapes. It is low definition TV.
The FAQ on the Hauppauge website states: "Currently, the Arcsoft TME application will only support editing from the beginning or the end of a clip to preserve 5.1 audio. Any editing or cuts made in the middle segments of a clip will result in the audio being transcoded back to 2.0" So if you want your resulting file to have 5.1 audio, after you have edited commercials out of the middle of the original file, you have to use VideoReDo with H.264 support instead of Arcsoft...
On this VideoReDo forum webpage: http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...ad.php?t=15759 among the things that they list as missing from the prerelease version is: "AC3 in MP4 files. MP4 with AC3 audio can be output, but TVSuite is not yet able to edit them." So how can you use VideoReDo V4 to edit Hauppauge 1212 files with AC3 5.1 audio?
Oops, yes, hindsight now clearly reveals that I should have read the last few posts on the previous page. First I tried changing my Samsung TV to Game Mode as suggested by one of the commenters on that web page, but with no positive results. Then, I followed the guide and, wallah, the underscan/overscan slider did the trick. Thanks to all for your tips on how to fix this perplexing problem.
I notice that on my 50" TV the ATI 5450 card leaves about a one inch black border along the left side and bottom of the screen when set to 1920 x 1080 resolution when the TV is set to "Just Scan". If I set the TV to 16:9, the 5450 comes closer to filling the screen on the left and bottom, but then a small amount of the picture is missing at the top. My satellite box and DVD/Blu-ray players fill the screen perfectly when the TV is set to "Just Scan". Does anyone know of a...
I don't understand what you mean by "map" my speakers. When I tested them, after installing the Realtek audio driver, with the "Test" applet in the "Change sound card" gizmo , they all individually beeped in the correct locations. Is this what you mean by "mapped correctly"?
My thanks to all of you who helped me solve the problem of having no Windows system sounds over HDMI on my Windows 7, 64-bit machine. I would just add that after installing the Realtek version 2.42 HDMI sound driver, I needed to change my sound card settings to select the Realtek HDMI as default and configure my speakers to 7.1.