or Connect

Posts by vilrockerdefer

I suggest you read this thread : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1453289/pt-ae3000-blotches-on-colors-and-white
Hello,After disassembling the optical block and wiping the lcd panels and the rest that I could access with a dry cloth, my blotches are gone ! It was only dust... thick dust I must precise : just canned air would not have been sufficient to clean it.So please be careful with your advices next time because I almost threw my projector away.Fred
Hello, Thanks for this advice. Before going further into disassembly, though, I would like to know if it can really be moisture provided that the blotches are not visible on blue. Hence I would believe it has to do only with green and red. Removing moisture seems far more complicated than just removing dust. I am afraid it will take me a long time and I am afraid of not realigning everything properly. Some people suggest using alcohol, others suggest water. Is not...
Thank you. I am trying to get in touch with Panasonic, pretend I am journalist (which is partly true) and say this is a scandal. Hope they will offer something. Here in Europe the projector has a three year warranty, and it is barely four years old.
Hello, I basically have the same problem as the one mentioned in the first post of this page. Please have a look : I have very visible blotches, especially on (in decreasing order of importance) : - green - white - red And no visible blotches on blue and black. What do you think I should do ? I am unsure if the projector has been used for long continuous sessions but I have reasons to believe it could have been. It was in an "ex-friend"'s hands for two years. -...
I guess you mean if there's no signal at all they can save power but in no other situation. Thanks for the answer.
Hello, I just wanted to know if the color displayed had an impact on the power consumption of a LCD projector. Does projecting black consume less electricity than white, as it seems to be the case for CRT monitors ? Does it save lamp life ? I'm using my projector quite often with Windows and I wonder if I would save some energy by adopting a black theme. Hence the question. Thanks ! Fred
Sorry
Hello, I just wanted to know if the color displayed had an impact on the power consumption of a LCD projector. Does projecting black consume less electricity than white, as it seems to be the case for CRT monitors ? Does it save lamp life ? I'm using my projector quite often with Windows and I wonder if I would save some energy by adopting a black theme. Hence the question. Thanks ! Fred
Can you give in the name of that filter ? Is it indeed much more effective ? Thanks Fred