or Connect

Posts by CZ_the_DAY

FWIW, a member of another A/V site , apparently from Dallas, makes mention of using an unnamed repair depot that's 'the only authorized repair center in Texas'http://www.highdefforum.com/1013404-post31.html
Hey bclinton, are you using "HDMI out" to view the consoles on Comp 1 & 2 ? Do you or can you successfully run an HDMI source ? I ask because of a known problem caused by heat on similar models. Looking at the business end of the 705 makes me think the HDMI board is not identical ; manufacturing component very likely are though. My 576 has no OSD or upconversion, but had issues too. Refer to the self-help guide I am currently nurturing as it may relate to your...
One good question deserves several others; Are you ever getting DXVA from MPC ? it shows up as 'Playing DXVA', bottom left when not in full screen. Can you monitor CPU% in task manager during the stutters? Do you have fixed or dynamic video ram allocation (as per bios) ? Try setting it to Manual with max allowed (256 Mb or more) This might give me/others something to chew on if previous suggestions point you back to a HW issue
But they surely can't touch this; but seriously, I swear by having multiple drives but I often use software (ie transcoding) that hammer a single unit. I also like how responsive the PC is when Wind0ws' Virtual Memory (page file) is disabled. YMMV but my 4Gb of RAM hasn't missed the assist.P.S. i'm ecogreen with envy over those killer deals on your pieces...
You can get the PDF here.... http://www.scribd.com/doc/26309610/Str-De925-v919 As far as what to look for, it reminds me of when a component ( transistor or IC ) becomes thermally sensitive. By cranking the sound maybe you heat something up and it eventually sustains itself. Microcracks in solder joints could be influenced similarly. I would try tapping around the boards while it is acting up or conversely use 'component cooler' while it's behaving. (an inverted...
--------------------------------------------PART 2.5---------------------------------------------- UPDATE; December 2011: Although the following exerpt is an insight towards the adding of auxilliary capacitors, there are more examples littered throughout this thread. I soon describe how to determine if your situation requires this additional measure.- - - - -{in regards to a TX-sr606 with handshaking issues } *top/bottom of daughterboard; TX-SR576...
Would you send it to Canada instead - collect ? Hmmmm, offering impractical warranty conditions is supposed to motivate us to not break it - or in this case, not turn it on.Wow, I'd kill to see what and where caps were added....my DIY seems lacking now. Can you see anything useful by peering through the vent holes ? TIA
For those facing an OOW unit I thought you might be interested in my repair 'blog-thread'. It hasn't been verified at the moment but given enough time.... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1246078 "How to DIY ; TX-SR576/TX-SR606/etc HDMI daughterboard repair" This however doesn't make me feel any less a victim .
lol, sounds like your friend knows how to compensate for the dryness. lummy, this OiNK' now behaves like I remember. Typically 5 seconds from cold power up or input switching until picture. I exclusively run my PC (ATI HD4650) on a 47PFL3603D Philips. At it's worst it wouldn't sync cold and once 'warm' it had varying amounts of visual noise and audio snaps when it wasn't losing it altogether. Hopefully yours goes well!