or Connect

Posts by CZ_the_DAY

Firstly to you (and the community), I rarely get the chance to give back for all that is leeched, so, it's my pleasure. Secondly, I'm indeed subscribed to that thread and development will be driven by momentum and/or feedback - consider it a beta
Penngray, for the purposes of dissipating heat in our electronics, the boiling of water instead has more of an effect on my macaroni and cheese....which by the way, I could almost cook on top of this onkyo some days. Water does boil at a measureably lower temperature at higher altitudes. OTOH, as petew's point is valid in principle (barometric pressure+relative humidity=mass), but it won't make or break an epic fail design. PIXAR is currently producing an animation for...
Logical question Chu Gai. Within the novel I read on the subject ( actually a series of 1328 short stories, aka posts ) there were 2 or 3 references to 8-10 capacitors on repair invoices. One vic actually quoted a long ONKYO part number...g00gled it to one Euro site which added (something)4V100M or so and that finally focused me. No single post, but the sum of the parts. ( I'll try to fill missing info/questions regularly )
------------------------- PART 2 ----------------------------- OK, so you have tried PART 1 and it's working - congratulations - but don't be silly and put that cover back on.....we won't be needing that anymore, unless you want to perpetuate the grief. Ridonkulous, you're thinking, where else are you going to pile those DVD cases . Fine, just as long as you complete the repair by adding active ventilation/circulation !. I'm not going to elaborate on what other...
Let's just say you can't send your gear in.....maybe you accidently smashed the case with a hammer while 'moving'.....we all get frustrated with POS products, I understand.....so check out my new thread and possibly reclaim some independence : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1246078 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "....I have a huge dent in my lid don't mind that, it was...
ping runnin' : Most likely* able to solve the common degenerative 'issues' ; won't improve something that never worked, just to be clear. ( *first attempt, need more feedback ) ping maxcooper : I can't be 100% on which model/build dates are applicable, but you are surely kind for expressing that.
--------------------------------- PART 1 ---------------------------------- Did your ONKYO work great for a year or more and then start exhibiting difficulty locking or remaining locked on your HDMI stream ? Do you need to warm it up like a 1957 television and it keeps getting longer ? Some of you instead lose component video sources or On Screen Display from its HDMI out. Well my unit finally became unbearable and after a few hours of time well wasted on the internet,...