or Connect

Posts by DLMN8R

I'm keeping mine. Great value IMO.
The PQ reviews were the only ones that concerned me. I only need one HDMI input for my setup. Everything goes through my receiver, I use it any time the TV is on. I like your settings, the only thing I changed was backing off the back lighting a bit. Getting more impressed with this set as time goes on. I knew going in it was not going to be a high end display. Still feel the value is outstanding.
I'm certainly happy that I took a chance on this set considering what seem to be very mixed reviews. Considered cancelling my order after the first reviews showed up on Best Buy's site. Seeing what a lot of posters on here had to say helped me decide not to. Granted I'm replacing a 5 year old Sharp 52" LCD but I'm really pleased so far with this set. I didn't really look at it straight out of the box but tweaked it with settings pulled from this thread before watching...
My favorite 10 Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (BD-A) Rush - Farewell To Kings (DVD-A) Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (SACD) Rush - Moving Pictures (BD-A) Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (SACD) Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (SACD) Rush - 2112 (BD-A) Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes (BD-A) Eagles - Hotel California (SACD) Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings (DVD-A)
I read someone quoting Geddy Lee to that effect. I'll see if I can find it again.
I couldn't pass on Farewell to Kings as it is my favorite Rush Album (and I got a $50 BB gift card for Christmas last year). Xanadu alone is worth $50 to me. Other than that I just can't justify the expense of the sector sets for one DVD-A. It sounds like Rush plans to release more albums on BD-A, I'll be all over those. I prefer that format anyway, seems to me to be more future proof and supposedly more durable.
My take on the 2112 Blu-ray Audio disk. First the disclaimer I'm neither a reviewer nor a true audiophile, the following just my opinion. The mix is pretty good although I didn't think it was as good as Moving Pictures. One thing I was worried about before listening was the "noise" (that sounds like tape hiss) in the quieter passages present in the Farewell To Kings DVD-A. That concern was gone as soon as the disk started, the quiet passages are just that, quiet. I only...
I'm neither a reviewer nor an audiophile but will be happy to let you know my impressions after having a chance to listen to it. I won't really get the chance to truly "listen" to it until tomorrow evening when I have the house to myself for a couple of hours and get the chance to adjust the volume to what I consider reasonable (ie LOUD).
Rush 2112 Blu-ray audio is out for delivery!