or Connect

Posts by nos96

Well in desperate attempt, I did find a way to make a easy workaround for anyone with a same issue. Installing xbmc on my htpc with the newest version now includes airplay! So as long as my htpc is running , I can direct airplay from my I device to xbmc in lieu of the avr.Thanks for the help as well guys, there is great knowledge on this site!
Well my tv is 30 feet from the reciever and I I can't so easily run another cable to it. Obviously, the htpc is necessary to be hooked to the avr for movie playback, etc. and with only one hdmi thru wall to moniter, I rely heavily the hdmi switching capability of the avr. There must be a way! Most times this wont be huge issue, but I would certainly like to have something on the tv screen even if I'm listening to music sometimes. I would definitely expect the hdmi to pass...
Avr 2313-Perhaps I'm missing something but I would like to think there is a way to play audio from airplay via iPad in main zone 1, while sourcing video only to tv of course via hdmi. I have a htpc and at times would like to let music play from iphone/ipad while surfing the web etc on htpc. Any help here would be appreciated
So I have my new Denon 2313ci and loving it so far. My issue is with the audio return channel or "arc". My tv is Cec compatible, Sony xbr6, the handshake occurs when I turn the tv on to oth hd, triggers avr to "tv audio" and notes on tv screen "audio switched to external speakers" but can't get sound from avr. Nothing. Been through as many settings as I can find on both devices. Tv recognizes denon in "compatible devices" in hdmi control menu.... After a call to Denon,...
Thank you for allow the great information I have been able to find here. After countless hours if digging I think have narrowed it down to these 2. I started after the denon 1913, which research made me consider the Sony 1030. I got really excited about the wifi and Bt, only to find that is for streaming music to, not playing audio, via either, to wireless speakers. The wifi/Bt would be nice but not required, modem is very near amp location. Then I realized that it would...
I have been searching around trying to pick the right reciever. I have attempted to search and not found the answer that I am actually looking for. The Sony 1030 and da1800 have wifi and Bluetooth built in... got it...I like the idea if this feature to a point, but I can only find information supporting that you can play Internet radio, or stream from a portable device to the unit. I am looking to use the wifi or Bluetooth to play/pass audio to wifi or Bluetooth speakers...
Thanks for the information. I am considering this unit and have been looking for some information. So far this has been helpful. One question that I can't seem to find the answer to... So by this unit as well as the 1030 having built in wifi and Bluetooth, if I was to buy a pair of Bluetooth or wifi speakers, would they be able to connect to the receiver directly wirelessly to play in other rooms where a wired option is not easy? Or does the built in Bt/wifi only...
yeah, I am comfortable with the deal, but not sure if I should spend the extra money and get the Bravia? Any opinions?
So I have lurked here enough and trying to decide which set is getting to the wire. I found an excellant deal on a Toshiba 46xv540u at less than $900, but the same place also has a few Bravias avail too...KDL-46wl140(+300) & kdl46wl135(+200). Is there a way on either or both of these to check for hours of use? I dont suspect they were ever on display but curious to know for sure. I read about heavy green push and possible purples on the Toshiba, but for the $ it...