or Connect

Posts by 4dmk

To Frugal1SBM: Until the weather clears, you may want to try rabbit ears. I am using a $5 RCA antenna from Family Dollar. $5 is not much of a risk. I have found the expensive ones with power boosts to be less useful than this inexpensive antenna. From your location, I would expect you can get 17,23, 29 easily and 2, 4, 7 by adjusting your antenna. 49 sometimes takes more work to adjust. Tip: The wire from the antenna acts as part of the antenna. If the wire is...
I am not sure how what I am doing differs from TVGOS, but … I have a converter boxed purchased with the US government coupon a few years ago. If I go to channel 17, the clock jumps to the correct time. If I push the Guide button I get accurate TV descriptions both in terms of shows and their episode descriptions. (Tested on local Buffalo channels only.) Can someone answer: (1) How does the problem described in the last few messages differ from what I am doing? (2) Can...
Unless you want to get 67 (physical 7), all local stations are UHF, not VHF. I only watch TV using rabbit ears. I live in Amherst, probably west of your location. Half of my house is brick, the other half is sided. Some suggestions: - Since they are unnecessary, lower the rabbit ears - Adjust by turning the antenna. Turn slowly and wait (I find it takes a few seconds to adjust to the new antenna location) - 2, 4, 7 are to the South or Southeast of your location. Try...
WIVB ch 4 is RF 39
I just checked before I wrote this message, I am getting both WGRZ & WKBW at their usual signal strengths. Thanks to everyone who responded to my message about WIVB.
Using TV top antennas in several different rooms, I am able to receive all of the local stations. On the evening of Nov 4, I was unable to receive WIVB 4 (technically, physical channel 39). I moved the antenna all over and could not get a good signal anywhere. On the evening of Nov 5, my signal came back. I could now put the same antenna almost anywhere and get a watchable signal. In the worst location, it was better than the best location on the previous day. It...
Concerning WNGS, Post #5865 in this forum references the following article (dated 8/21/10): http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article47962.ece One of the new owners is Philip A. Arno. Concerning how far the signal will reach, the article states ... The old analog signal had been sent from a small tower in Springville that “barely reached the market,” but Arno said the new signal will be completely digital and “will reach all of Western New York” at full power....
I have considered it and maybe I will do this someday. Currently, as long as the weather is clear, I receive reasonably strong signals on 6-7 stations using extremely inexpensive antennas. (This was the point I was trying to make to the previous poster who seems to live somewhere near me.)
I live a block from Sweet Home near Sheridan. I have tried the fancy antennas with electric power and I have never been satisfied. I bought an antenna from Family Dollar for $5 (it was on sale). I've also been using an old antenna that is so old that it is marked with a label that says that it works for Color TV (built just after the switch from Black & White to Color.) I find that 23 & 29 are the easiest to receive; then 2, 4 and 7 (in that order) and 49 is rather...
In May 2007 I attempted to buy a new VCR to replace one that broke. At that time, I was told that as of Jan 2007, no TV, VCR, etc could be built with an Analog Tuner only. It either had to have both a Digital & Analog tuner or no tuner at all or Digital only. Although they cannot be manufactured after Jan 2007, those already manufactured could be sold after Jan 2007. In May 07, I purchased 2 of the last available new VCR's with Analog tuners (in my area) that had been...