or Connect

Posts by ctciatti

Question...will the evolution kit improve playback and pq of streaming video? I have a 55" es8000. I am very underwhelmed at this point with the pq of hbo go, amazon and vudu AND Hulu. Buffering pisses me to death also. If this kit will improve pq and streaming capability, I may be in.
Hey guys. I am the proud owner if a brand new refurbished 2112ci. Great value for what I paid. Anyway, I have a couple of noob questions. First, I have the 2112 hooked up to a samsung un55es8000. I use the tv to stream Netflix, hbo go, etc. I am using a optical cable to run sound from the tv to the 2112. The GUI for the 2112 shows on top of every other source, but not the samsung smart hub. Is there any way to have the GUI show ON TOP of the smarthub stream? As it is...
Hey guys. Can anybody recommend an IR extender for my 2112ci? I will be putting the receiver in a cabinet. I need an extender for the receiver only. I saw this on monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=8060&seq=1&format=2 Will this work for what I need? The rep at mono price said that it would if my receiver works on single band IR. I'm not sure if the 2112 is single or dual band.
Hello guys. I am in the process of assembling all of the components for my first home theater setup. I am having trouble finding a blue ray player. I would love to keep it Samsung (unless these are crappy) to match the UN55ES8000 that I have being delivered this weekend. What I want is a 3d capable blu-ray player. I don't know if I need one that decodes HD audio (it will be hooked up to a Denon 2112ci, I am not sure if THAT will take over the decoding duties). I also...
Just as it says. Looking for a pair of Bowers & Wilkins M-1. I would prefer the MKII versions, but I may consider the older ones. Not set on a color, black, white or silver may do. Must be in very good condition.
Hey guys. I'm new to B&W's. I am trying to buy a used set of M-1's to use as rear surrounds. I have been combing Ebay, but I have a question. I would like to have the newer version of the M-1. How can you tell the difference visually between the older ones and the newer ones? Are the older ones glossy, and the newer ones matte? If these will be used primarily as rear surrounds, will it matter if I get the older or newer ones? Thanks
Hello. I am looking for 2 B&W M-1 speakers to serve as rear surrounds in my 5.1 system. I will be using B&W VM1's for the front and center channels. I am a cheap ***. I have been scouring ebay looking for a set of these M-1's. My question is, I know that there are 2 versions of M1's....older ones, and the 2012+ ones. I am obsessing over finding a deal on these, but all I can find so far are the older generation speakers. Am I really going to notice a difference in these 2...
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry but I didn't get a lot of that... Do you think that the center channel should go ABOVE the TV? And the receiver should go on the left hand shelf next to the front speaker? The receiver will ONLY fit in one of the 2 cabinets on either side of the center cabinett, or on top of the far left or right shelves where the front speakers are. The sub doesn't have to go in a cabinet. I will have another place for it in front of the wall unit at...
Ok...This is the only thread on the first page with 0 replies. Did I do something wrong? No commets, concerns, advice?
So, I have lurked around the boards here on and off for quite a while. I have never really had the space, the money, or the equipment to put together a real surround system in my house. I've had the HTIB stuff, it sucked but I made do. I recently moved into a new place, complete with a pretty nice built in wall unit in the basement! It's finally time! I am TV shopping as we speak. The previous owner of the home left a Samsung HTIB behind, but I am not really...