or Connect

Posts by lomarica

RB Films First like many others thanks for your time in this forum. Here are my questions 1. my voice sound sync is off compared to the actors on the screen but when I tried the WOW sound sync it appear not to work for the center channel where the movie dialogue comes from. When I make speaker distance adjustments on my OPPO player it does not seem to affect the sound timing. What am I missing? 2. Any advice on an Epson 5010 projector, it looks great right out of the...
I am starting to play around with calibrating my new Epson 5010 with the Disney WOW disk which came with the projector. I quickly realized you can calibrate the projector and the bluray player. It would seem doing both can become quite complex. So I am thinking just setting the bluray with no + or - adjustments to the color/brightness etc and then just adjusting the projector. Is this the best way to go? any comments appreciated
I have a short throw dist 10 ft (near max zoom) onto either a 100" or 106" screen. I have already ordered the epson 5010. While I imagine the 106 " is not really a huge difference in size I might consider it. However according to the projector pro calculator my throw dist would become 11ft at max zoom, and as my phase one HT the projector will just be on my coffee table. Moving the coffee table back even one more foot will start to make it very close to my couch...
sorry this is for an epson projector I tried posting it in the epson thread but it did not do it
I found what looks like a real good deal for the 5010 with a combo package screen I know it is last years model but is the 5020 worth an extra $600? also I am plan on setting this up on a coffee table (phase 1) which will be 10 feet from either a 100 or 106" screen. It should just barely fit based on the projector central calculator I sit 17 ft back from the screen also how good will the picture be compared to my 63 Samsung plasma? I plan on viewing in the dark most of...
when I first hooked up my player I have to use the analog outs to my old processor. The only cables I had around were 6 of the very cheap rca cables. It sounds great but I want to upgrade my cables. Has anyone done this and if so was there an improvement? I am thinking of two sets of kimber kable pbj's (about $200 total) for the center, sub, front right front left and just leaving the cheap cables for the rear. One reason for kimber is I already have some in my...
I have an old processor so I use the analog outs from the bluray player. So the blu ray does the decoding works great the bluray HD sound is definately better than the old DD5.1. I can compare directly because I also have the digital out hooked up so my old processor can decode the old DD5.1. Although there is really no point in having this any more hope this helps
my black levels are much better now thanks for the advice
just wondering how everyone's blacks are compared to the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen when watching a bluray with 1:2.35 etc Ideally in a really dark seen you would not see the black bars it would all just merge into one dark scene with no line/shades between the blacks if you have this what are your settings? thanks
I have noticed no matter what picture size I am using on either bluray or DISH there is a very small area of the screen where there is no picture. The size is maybe 1/8 inch around the entire set do others have this? I don't think it is really a problem per se but it is a little distracting since where there is no image the screen is 100% black compared to the bezel and the image on the scree Also I notice the "screen fit" option does not always fit the entire...