or Connect

Posts by Hrimnir

Hey guys, we're looking to replace our Denon AVR590 (has some HDMI issues with our HTPC that we cant seem to resolve) with a new receiver. Not looking to "upgrade" neccesarily, just purchase one that in the ballpark of $250-350 that will serve the same purpose. The setup is 5.1 with polk bookshelves and a polk center channel, all in all about 400 worth of speakers, subwoofer is an eD A2-300. This system is in the upstairs living room and is mainly used for music...
My roommate owns a 591 and although it has been a great receiver we just recently ran into some major issues with it. We built an htpc based on an intel HD2000 graphics system, it streams audio over HDMI but the 591 has problems with it. I've read that its an HDCP handshake kind of issue, but as far as i've read its a common problem. Supposedly a firmware update has fixed most of the problems, so since you're looking at a new one you might not have the...
Hey guys, we just built an HTPC for the upstairs living room which has a Denon receiver (can't remember the model, its 1.3 HDMI though, i know that for sure). Anywho, the audio seems to work perfectly, sounds clear, crisp etc, for the length of one audio stream, then it goes SUPER ULTRA quiet. For example when im booting up windows, it plays the windows bootup fine. then, nothing. If i load an audio file, turn the receiver off, and turn the receiver back on. It...
My roommate just bought a Sony HW30 which is roughly comparable to a JVC RS-45 in most comparisons. I can't imagine how a projector could produce much better images and justify that kind of money. Now, im not a professional calibrator or anything but i did spend a few years as a photo developer working with a lot of professional photographers, so i can confidently say i do know color pretty well. If i were in your position id go with the RS-55 and not look back.
Just thought you guys would like to know it was definitely the cable. Once i got it up and running between Dolby HD and the video it was doing anywhere from 30-55+ Mbps. BTW, This projector is friggin amazing. When i bought my Panny 50" V10 series, it was supposed to have pretty much the best image quality you could get outside of a couple screens that cost twice as much. This projector overall is as good or better in 95% of the videos ive viewed on it vs that...
Interesting, whats weird i had this exact same setup hooked up to a panny p50v10 plasma and never had a single stuttering issue. I'll have internet again on the HTPC now (had it wired before, now i had to buy a wireless NIC for it), So ill do some more testing and see if its more isolated than i think.
Hey guys, was curious if you could help me with something. I use my HTPC, until now it was hooked up to a Panny 50" plasma. I never had issues with any .MKV's or any other video files, etc. I recently got a Sony Projector, and most video files play fine on it, but on others i get a weird stutter. Basically the video is smooth and it seems every second or so it kinda skips forward, almost like when you lag out in an FPS playing online. But its extremely...
Sweet, thank you so much
Ok cool, im gonna try the 22awg cable form monoprice then, hopefully that will work
Hey guys, just recently got the HW-30 installed, got my HTPC, PS3, XBOX360, and such, all running through my Marantz SR5003 through a 25' foot media bridge 1.4 rated HDMI cable to the Projector. XBOX 360 works fine, HTPC works fine, even playing 1080p video sources. For some reason the PS3 doesnt want to work properly playing a blu-ray disc. The signal does a combination of being/looking fine, having a weird snow effect on upper or lower half of the screen, and...