or Connect

Posts by Hrimnir

Absolutely fantastic build. Not to be a negative nancy, but the only thing i worry about is from what i've read, anywhere near the middle of the room is generally just about the worst place you can put a sub.
So, i stumbled upon the thread regarding the AV15H / X drivers and i think these might be the ones to use once he has them back in stock. Since this whole project is gonna come about around christmas time for me, im hoping he will have the supply issues sorted out by then. What i'm thinking is initially having 2x drivers, sealed, in a tallish box, powered by a single bridged ep4000, and depending on performance adding a second one down the road. Pricing is...
Here's an idea What about 2 cabinets, each with 2x eD 19Ov.2 drivers, run in a dual opposed configuration? I know they're not in the class of drivers like the Aurasound and the TC drivers, probably not even the Fi Drivers, but they're also cheap. For under $1k i can get 4 drivers. They're rated at 650w RMS, so in theory one channel of an EP4000 should be enough to power the box of 2 drivers.
Well, i dont have any real experience with any of the drivers other than what i've read on this forum. I initially wanted to use Maelstrom 18's, but we know what happened with that situation. I particularly like the look of the TC Sounds drivers and i know they're quality. Obviously i would love to go with an 18 Ultra, but that driver is $$$. That was the main reason for this post was to toss around ideas and see what other people may know about that i wasn't aware...
So if i started out with 2x Fi Q18's, 1 each in a sealed ~5cu ft box + EP4000 Thats roughly $900-950 without the cabinets. That leaves me money to either buy some tools to do the cabinets myself, or potentially have a local shop build the cabinets for me. (Id imagine since its not ported, etc, that shouldnt be too expensive). Do you think those 2 subs would be enough to outperform the Hsu. After that i can pick up another 2 cabinets, subs, and an ep4000 and possibly...
@Coco Well fortunately box size isnt particularly an issue. I don't want something unwieldy like a THT, but the Hsu is a beast itself at 25"H x 18"W x 26"D. I would prefer something slightly smaller, especially if i am gonna do multiples. Heighth im not so concerned about, but if i could keep the footprint at or in the range of something like 20"x20" i would be fine with it. @TNT I dont own any tools myself (i only recently started renting a house so ive...
Nate, its really gonna depend a lot on what you are looking for. The VTF-15 can easily rattle stuff upstairs when i play a 25hz test tone for example. My issue is that i want to acheive something visceral, not just noticeable. If that makes sense. I want to be able to have friends over and when a cannon goes off in a movie you feel it in your chest, or when that incoming artillery fire starts getting steadily closer and closer that by the time its exploding "around...
Hey guys. I picked up early this year, and although its been a great sub, i find myself wanting more, especially in the 15-30hz range. I would probably prefer to stick with a sealed sub for ease of use, smaller enclosure size, and cheaper enclosure. I was thinking either: 1x Aurasound NS18 + Ep4000 (using 1 channel of the EP4000) 2x LMS-R 15" in a dual opposed + EP4000 (not enough power?) 2x eD 13av.2 in a dual opposed + EP4000 (not enough...
What is your opinion of the A7s-650 vs the HSU VTF-15h. I'm thinking about the kit also as an upgrade to my VTF15 and moving the Hsu upstairs to my music setup and using the 650 for my HT setup. My goal is to gain more output in the 15-40hz range.
Ok, now here is the really weird part. I just removed the port plugs, set the switch to EQ2 per the manual with both ports open, left the Q control at 0.5, and as far as i can tell the sound is gone. Not only is the output MUCH higher at the same level on the receiver, but i can go several db higher on the receiver and not produce the rattling sound