or Connect

Posts by mashenden

I had been in pursuit of something like that for years. Tried many a option and spent many a dollar. Finally in recent years a solution that is flexible, reliable, and affordable has started to materialize. I think the best option going at this time is something that uses a iPod/iPad or PC laptop as the remote, and the home wireless LAN (802.11) rather than IR (assuming you have one) as the communications medium. Home LANs have enough signal strength to control things ...
Updated above to include Pause, Skip and Replay.
I was afraid of that. Trial and error has not been lucky yet - too many words in the English language I tried Pwr_Off, Power_Off and a few other close derivatives, but no success yet. If anyone figures this out, please post the commands.
I see where the discrete Power commands for IR are posted but does anyone have these for the TCP/IP approach?
Good feedback. Clearly you use your laptop differently from me, which is why there is a difference in perspective. More often than not, I am either on my laptop or it is within arms reach when I am "mediaing". And when I am not on my Laptop, it is alive and open, except when inactive for 3 hours (when I am at work or in bed). I only wake it up twice a day - once in AM and once when I come home from work. Only once a day on weekends. Same goes for my Wife's laptop. Any...
This comment confuses me. As it pertains to devices that can be used to control devices (the "remote"), it is my understanding that iRule does not have a way to use a Laptop/PC as the remote, only a iPxx (iPod, iPad, iPhone) device. Not sure about a Mac. Am I misinformed?
Thanks to input from mdavej and XARiUS, I found what I was looking for in terms of the technical details needed to control a Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 unit using IP over a 802.11 network. Then I successfully controlled my device using a laptop or iPxx device thanks to Fulltopuk as well as TouchControl after some tweaks on HTTP POST made by its developer. The technical details on the command format (again thanks to mdavej and XARiUS) can be found in the following post:...
Thanks to input from mdavej and XARiUS, I found what I was looking for in terms of the technical details needed to control a Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 unit using IP over a 802.11 network. Then I successfully controlled my device using a laptop or iPxx device thanks to Fulltopuk as well as TouchControl after some tweaks on HTTP POST made by its developer.The technical details on the command format (again thanks to mdavej and XARiUS) can be found in the following post:...
Thanks to input from mdavej and XARiUS, I found what I was looking for in terms of the technical details needed to control a Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 unit using IP over a 802.11 network. Then I successfully controlled my device using a laptop or iPxx device thanks to Fulltopuk as well as TouchControl after some tweaks on HTTP POST made by its developer.The technical details on the command format (again thanks to mdavej and XARiUS) can be found in the following post:...