or Connect

Posts by Waresdom

Hey Everyone, I just want to start off by saying I'm enjoying the builds that are going on in this thread. It is amazing to see all the builds. With that said, I'm going to be building a new house starting this spring and I will definitely be putting in a HT room in the basement. Unlike a lot of these builds I am looking for a design that is more built around entertaining a group a people as well as having a room to watch movies as well. By entertaining I mean that it...
Hey Chris! You'd be happy to know that I got the cable today and it works awesome. I ended up going with the BJC-1. Thanks for all your help! Take care. Wares
-- Update -- I took the 25ft cord out of the AVR and plugged it directly into the PS3. This picture was even worse with static noise to boot. I've concluded it has to be the cable. Like I said in my previous post I think I could possibly get away with a 20ft cable but I'm not 100% sure. Do you think the 25ft cable will still be okay? Thanks again! Wares
The computer does pass through the AVR as well. One other test I'm going to try is connecting the PS3 directly to the 25ft. cable that is connected to the AVR. If that works then it's something with the AVR which really doesn't make a lot of sense since the computer and TV work fine. I will definitely take a look at the belden f2. I think I could make a 20ft work. It will be cutting it close. I can't move the display any closer because it is fixed on the wall. ...
Thanks for the reply Chris The interference is static. Quite a bit to be honest, and the occasional flicker. What I have in the rack is my computer, printer, AT&T router, AT&T cable box, and 2 APC UPS's. The run from the AVR to the TV is longer. It's 25ft. I do run 1080p from my computer to the TV and have no problem. The video is passing straight through. I've tried different ports in the AVR and I get the static no matter where I plug it in. I've also...
Good Evening Everyone, Recently I've been doing some basement work and moved all my A/V units to a rack. I connect everything to my receiver and from the receiver to the TV. When I had everything on a TV stand below the TV I never had a problem with anything. Since I've moved everything to a rack my PS3 shows interference on the TV. When I take the PS3 out of the rack and plug it directly into the TV it works just fine. This is not ideal for what I want to do of...
That's an excellent question. I've had this sub for a long time. I was thinking maybe it wasn't keeping up with the technology. Maybe i have it setup all wrong. I guess in the end I still need a new sub. I never had a problem until I got my new receiver last year. Any help would be great. Thanks!
I recently blew my sub for the second time. It is a KSW-15 from Klipsch. I think it's time for a replacement. This sub has done me good things but blowing it twice in 2 years, there needs to be a change. My speakers are Klipsch Quintet SL's. My receiver is Yamaha RX-V3900. I'm looking for an up to date affordable sub. $500 or less if that is possible. I'm open to any ideas if it is worth the extra money. Thank you for your time and I very much appreciate your...
Hey Yamaha Gang, I just purchased a 3800 and finally got it setup last night. A question I have is that when I ran the YPAO setup just to see if everything was setup correctly it said that my back right speaker had reversed polarity...so i changed the wiring and ran the test again. It came back normal...but...then it said my center channel had reverse polarity. I thought that was odd because it came back normal on the first test. Anyways...I changed the wiring and ran...
New to the forum with a few questions. I'm in the process of buying a new receiver. I'm trying to do some research on what to get. My friend has preached Yamaha to me. So I'm looking at the 3800...I was also looking at the 3900 but to me to save a little bit of money for what I need it for the 3800 would be plenty. I guess my question is...does the 3800 make sense? Everyone that owns one, have they had good experiences with theirs? I know there are so many options...