or Connect

Posts by pitchman

I have a PS4 hooked up (plus a PS3 and a XBox360). I am noticing a bit more lag (in Standard mode) on the PS4, especially when playing something like Pinball Arcade. The flippers are slower to respond than on the PS3 version. If I turn on Game Mode, everything gets much better. It's a bit odd, since I never needed to use it in the past. Does anyone know if lag time in gaming is reduced when using an EVO kit? If so, is the performance boost worth the extra cost? I couldn't...
So, is the general consensus to steer clear of the 1054 firmware? Does it do anything to improve video performance, or just mess stuff up? Since this is the first firmware update in a long time, I almost installed it, but then I thought to check here first. Now, I'm glad I did.
Yes. That makes sense. Thanks, much!
If I understand you correctly, then, the only way to do this is by selecting STEREO, PURE or PURE DIRECT? Why can't the AVR3313 simply pass through the DTS-HD Master audio signal like it does with DTS-HD 5.1 and 7.1 signals? When I have a DTS-HD multi-channel signal being input, the front display on the receiver reads DTS-HD Master and the blue HD light is on. Also, when I check the output INFORMATION section, it indicates that the receiver output is DTS-HD. This is not so...
Help! This is making me batty. I cannot get my Denon AVR 3313IC to play 2-channel DTS-HD Master audio correctly. I am running HDMI Bitstream out from an OPPO 103 Blu-ray player. I have the inputs on the Denon set to the default Auto settings. When I check Information on the Denon, it shows DTS-HD Master audio for the input, but the output always reads Dolby Prologic II. I cannot get the blue HD light to show on the front display. This only happens with DTS-HD Master...
Thanks much, Bob! I will give that a try. When I tried Mongo171's suggestion, it works, but it's sluggish and still a bit flakey. The screen cuts back and forth between black while the player or the receiver tries to figure out what it's supposed to do. Also, if I choose dual display, won't I conceivable taking a hit on the video output? I would think that the 3313CI and 103 is a fairly common combination out there and I'm a bit surprised this issue isn't on OPOO or...
Newbie help needed! I took delivery of an OPPO 103 on Friday and I think I am having some sort of handshaking problem or the unit is defective. Here is the basic setup... I am using the dual HDMI outs into a Denon AVR-3313CI. HDMI 1 is dedicated to Blu-ray/DVD playback and HDMI 2 is for SACD/DVD Audio/CD. I have A/V Split for video out per the user manual. When I play music using HDMI 2, all is well. On the OPPO, I've defaulted to Bitstream for HDMI audio output and...
Excellent. So I guess I go for the 103 and save $700 since I'm not really going to benefit from the 105 as there are no 5.1 analog inputs on the 3313. Thanks all for the help!
It's the "Metal Gear Solid" bundle. I believe it is the last one to include SACD playback capability. you can check for your model in this list.
I already have two of those (a SACD compatible FAT 80 gig model and a 250 gig Super Slim version). I don't think SACD's sound as good with the PS3 as they did with my old D-link setup. That's why I'm looking for a dedicated universal player.If I understand you correctly, even with HDMI, there may be a sonic advantage to having the Oppo 105 doing the decoding instead of the 3313?