or Connect

Posts by dfost24

Well, since I started this thread, thought I'd provide an update and ask for some input. I'd been holding out for the the release of the 5004/6004 to see whether or not I really wanted the extra features over the 6003. Well, with the price-drops in the last couple days on the 6003, including Crutchfield today to $799 (free shipping/no tax outside of VA) lured me in, so I pulled the trigger on the 6003. Anyone out there desperately wish they had the Dynamic Volume...
I'd been holding out for the the release of the 5004/6004 to see whether or not I really wanted the extra features over the 6003. Well, with the price-drops in the last couple days on the 6003, including Crutchfield today to $799 (free shipping/no tax outside of VA) lured me in, so I pulled the trigger on the 6003. Anyone out there desperately wish they had the Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ features? The extra 10 watts doesn't say much to me, particularly since the...
I almost pulled the trigger on a 6003 but the 3 HDMI inputs have been killing me. Plus, I want Bluetooth... The solution?????? http://us.marantz.com/Products/2980.asp#
Does anyone use Bluetooth on their 3900? Anyone happen to stream iTunes from their Mac through Bluetooth? Does it work?
Thanks jmeme, this seems to be the best method. Are you able to to assign the MD OUT to Zone 2? It was my understanding that Zone 2 does not support digital audio at all, just analog?
I think you're right and the point about running a long component cable opposed to the Cat5 plus the Balun converter makes sense. It seems this is simply an introduction to a technology where a Cat5 will eventually be used to transmit full HD and digital audio, but it's just not there yet. Pioneering new territory for Sony, but functionally it doesn't do much if straight component is an option. Great idea, poor execution. This seems to be the case for just about every Zone...
Is anyone running their Zone 2 video through the Cat5e port? I am about to take the plunge on the 5400es after finally comforting myself that I understand all of the HDMI limitations, however, just want to understand a couple things that no one at Sony Style here in Manhattan can seem to answer for me. (Why is it they they do not have an actually HT setup in their "showroom?"...absurd...) 1) Is anyone running the Cat5e to Zone 2? How are you getting your audio? It is my...