or Connect

Posts by dturco

I'm not sure of what it is you're trying to do. I think you want the anamorphic lens to make the picture "anamorphic" and be able to make the Runco be able to be closer to the screen. "A" lenses do not do that. The combination is two different things. The Q-750 would need to have a short throw "Primary" lens, to do what I think your trying to do. Then any "A' lens would do what it does. I have no idea how much a primary lens costs from Runco, but they do make and sell...
I don't know if a follow up is warranted or not, but here is what I ended up doing. I took the screen width at 16x9 2.0 distance. The reason for this was the Runco VX-3000i being used has a throw ratio of 1.86/ 2.2. Using just 2.0 gave me a point to set up for that fit all of the calculations as I understood them. Screen size was slightly changed from the initial thoughts also. The screen is now a Da-Lite Joe Kane Affinity 2.37, 50.5x119.625, custom screen. Stewart was...
Jason, Look at the post above your's and download that PDF. It will help with answers to your questions.
On paper perhaps, but they share internals, so, I anticapate very similar real world performance. Plus there was a special
I quote myself to show what happens when we "think" we know what we're getting. I did not get the LS-5. I instead have ordered and paid for, so it's truly official...A Runco VX 3000i.Thanks GetGray!Now all I need to do is stop angst-ing over which lens.
No, vertical stretch by itself will not solve the issue. You will need to stretch the image, then use the Anamorphic lens to reshape the image to the correct [geometry] size. Doing scope on your first ever projector It is not an easy place to start. I have been doing home theater for 10 years and am just now going scope, and I find the learning curve to be steep, even knowing what all of the terms are.The best place to start is on post #4 of this thread. Then go to the...
Thank you John, That was clear, concise, and very welcome.
Sorry guys I searched, I really did, but I am still a little confused. I will be using an "A" lens. I have found all sorts of calculations [.5625] to get the 16x9 screen size image area inside of the 2.35 screen. I have no issue there. Screen is 117.5 wide, 2.35.1, CIH is 50. 16x9 is 89 wide. All looks good and clear right? Now when I start to calculate the throw distance, is it based on the 16x9 screen width, or the 2.35 screen width? I think the screen width of the...
Oddly enough I have just spoken with GetGray about this issue. It seems it is just that Runco's marketing of the LS-5 steers, or presumes, you would not spend more on the "A" lens then the projector; so they implement the Whitney lens as the de-facto "A" lens for the LS-5. Being that the Whitney is a prism lens, I really do not want to go down that path. The Isco III/Cineslide is exactly what I spoke to GetGray about, and for the same reasons you've mentioned. Trying to...
I think this answers my questions [In my head I haven't posted previously]. But, since it doesn't read the way I'm thinking lets try a scenario.Oppo 105 XLR to Bryston 4bsst2....Oppo 5 RCA to Bryston 9bsst2... RCA to DD-15 Velodyne sub... Oppo HDMI sent to Runco LS-5.Will this play all 7.1 channels as of Master Audio from a Blu-ray and send picture to Runco with out issues.... and also play redbook CDs in just 2 channel, with no sub when asked to do so?Save the issue of...