or Connect

Posts by GusGus748s

Congrats. I've been looking at Marantz as well with XT32 and Sub EQ, but they are on the pricey side. The second AVR I've been looking at is the X4000! Possibly buying a refurbished from Accessories4less in the near future...so I hope.
No power line adapters for me either. This house was build in 1959 so the electrical is possibly not the best for this. I wired the house that we are renting right now, and you just can't beat the wired ethernet. I'm going to try and see if I can modified the hallway closet to fit everything in there. My sister-in-law's boyfriend is a carpenter so I'm going to ask for his help.
Thanks for the help! We never go off topic on the Polk thread lol
I can't do wireless at the moment the speed isn't there to stream high bitrate video unless I transcode on the fly. I'm going to go with Cat6. I'm thinking of doing two runs per room, single run to bathrooms, and I am not sure where I am going to end everything yet. The option is the living room where the HT stuff will be or the garage.
So, I'm on monoprice looking into buying a 1000 FT roll of ethernet cable. I was thinking of going with Cat6, but now I noticed that they have Cat 7 I also noticed that the Cat5e 1000 FT roll is only $80 dollars compared to Cat 6 $116. I was reading some article (I lost he website), which stated that Cat5e had better communication for long run rather than Cat6, and I got a bit confused with that since I thought Cat6 was better. So, I went to a new home building area...
The M-Series are excellent TVs. Media streaming isn't the forte for it though. You can't get get any better tv for the money.
I think I am going to give the Harmony Smart Control. I'm waiting for it to go on sale again for $99.99.
Internet browser isn't a forte with this TV.
Does the Harmony Touch work via wifi or IR? I am thinking of buying the Harmony Smart, and use my iPhone / iPad to control it.
$600 dollars for both?