or Connect

Posts by slagbom

Ok thanks. I took the contrast up a bit after breaking in the TV and that seems to have helped.Also I'm using an Xbox and component and the PC is just for watching 3D or whatever files. I did figure out the HD Size was what caused the desktop to be obscured but that caused a whole other problem (see above post).Can I use that MP4 file to calibrate my tv then? I don't have a BR player ATM.
Well I think I posted this in the other thread but noticed this is the correct place and it dovetails with my previous post. There used to be an issue with the green line showing up using HDMI and HD Size 2. Well now it's happening to me (on a tv I believe was built mere weeks ago) but it's the entire screen flashing green like a strobe. I tried to search for this but only the green line problem from 3 years ago comes up. Any suggestions?
Really well. I only have my friend's Vizio 3D TV to compare to, but his loads slow as molasses. I have to think the UT50's extra processing power used for 3D helps. I thought I responded to you already, but I just came to this realization today.Also having Youtube is rather nice although a keyboard would help (which I think you can plug in via USB).Well Netflix boasts 5.1 but how to get it out of the TV is a great great question. The optical out is only 2 channel due to...
Ok, here is an annoying issue that hopefully someone can identify a lasting solution for: It took me about a week to figure out that the default aspect ratio for full is only 95%. It was driving me insane and I suddenly realized it had to be somewhere in there and sure enough, Picture>aspect ratio>HD Size and you have to switch to HD Size 2. Well as soon as I did this and then back again (to see the difference) the screen started to flicker with a green tinted strobe....
My 100 hours of slides is coming to a close after tonight. I'm fairly happy with the tv but the settings I still just don't get. I guess I can start trying to mimic some of the one's here (have read the front page about a billion times and there's not that much there) but I still feel lost. Especially with gaming mode. It's so hit or miss and usually quite dark looking. Increasing the gamma levels in the games menus seems to wash everything out. Some games look good...
Not showing at that price. I wish I'd gotten it from Amazon last weekend. I ended up going with BB for the "normal" price plus tax so I could pick them up today.Leaning towards possibly getting one of those $35 pairs off ebay from China/HK because they look to be very similar to the Panasonic model in comfort and light blocking and the cheap ones can be for visitors.
I have been trying to find out if the UT50 optical out actually does indeed carry a 5.1 signal. My friend said they might not because of licensing issues with Dolby. Can anyone confirm? This is a rather important bit for me to know about my set and I can't find it anywhere.
I am looking at a few boxes to give me networking capabilities and 3D SBS-H (and hopefully full) capabilities. I see the Popcorn Hour and ASRock boxes are very popular, but for that price I could build a whole gaming desktop (although I assume I would need to have it near my TV). HiMedia's new models seem like mmy best bet since they have a multitude of outputs and a frickin 3.5" slot to hotswap HDD's, which is amazing for the price. I'm just wondering if there is any...
Thank you for the reply. I was going to pick up that $10 Sandisk 32GB drive tomorrow at Radioshack just for testing this out. It is USB 2.0 though.This is great great news. So you're telling me, at worst, I would want to use an external drive to do it? I think mine has USB 3.0 but I'm a bit worried about stuttering vs a flash. I doubt full SBS will work, but half will do until I save up for one of these.I'm so in love with that machine right now but I have to wait until my...
This is the most amazing thread I have found on the internet discussing this stuff. Spent my Saturday night devouring it. Sadly I see the 900A is retired and not available for sale anywhere (save for some joker trying to charge $2000 on bing shop).. So the 900B it is. I want to play strictly SBS-H and hopefully SBS full. That is the whole point of this machine. I have a computer that can stream HD so there is no reason I need a player or a box other than 3D.edit Wait,...