or Connect

Posts by Kini62

I leave them off cause I like the look of the speakers without grills.
About 11-12mbps sometimes higher depending on who else on my line is on. TW cable. Don't really need anything faster at the moment. Most of the content providers can't even supply half of that anyway.
You can get the RS400s for less than half the price of the RS42s new. Probably even less than used RS42s and you don't have to wait to find them. They are virtually identical.For a sub you'd be better off going with a SVS PB2000 or PSA XV15 in that price range.
Posted this in another thread, but on the surface it appears AccuEQ is rudimentary at best To showcase the unique acoustical characteristics of your front loudspeakers, AccuEQ bypasses the front two channels so you can enjoy authentic hi-fi audio quality for stereo music, with no DSP correction applied. Instead, the included microphone measures the distances, crossovers, and output levels of the surround and center speakers from one easy listening position, which speeds...
AccuEQ "To showcase the unique acoustical characteristics of your front loudspeakers, AccuEQ bypasses the front two channels so you can enjoy authentic hi-fi audio quality for stereo music, with no DSP correction applied. Instead, the included microphone measures the distances, crossovers, and output levels of the surround and center speakers from one easy listening position, which speeds up and simplifies the calibration process. With room correction complete, you can...
The Ascend is going to have better tweeter and likely a better crossover than the Polks. With a sub you don't really need the extra low end of the towers. The 2 mid-woofers on the Ascends will have plenty of output. I'd go for the Ascends and stands over the polks.As for speakers with "ribbon" tweeters, the Arx A3C is in stock. It will have similar output to the Ascend (a tad more low end) and it is the 3rd generation of the Arx tweeter and the price is right.The RA sub...
You might have to bump up the level on the surrounds to match the fronts, but other than that, you're good to go.And get the 62s, I too tried the 52s but in less than a week I returned them and got the 62s. Quite a large difference. And the cherry looks really nice in person.
Never mind, I misread your comment-
The price of shipping is built into the price model for those that offer it. It is convenient and does make some of the products less expensive, especially if you end up returning it.Either way you do pay for shipping even if it is "free".
Ascend Acoustics CMT 340 for L and R now and one for the center later on. Get a Rythmik LVR 12 from them at the same time to get some discount. Get whatever AVR you like that has a full set of pre-outs if you think you might want to add an amp later. Depending on what stands you use (the Ascend Stands are great and probably the best choice, but they're $180 for the pair. Even with the stands the total is less than $1300 (not sure about shipping). Leaves you $700 for a...