or Connect

Posts by david437

The ST30 is the successor of the S20 (S20 blacklevel between 0.006-0.007fl) . So, the ST30s blacklevel was supposed to measure at 0.07 or better ( I expected 0.004fl). 0.013fl is ridiculous...
For me the GT series looks better. The bezel is much thinner, I like that...
I think with the new panasonics we will see something between 0.003-0.002 fl on the 42"-50" and 0.002 -0.001fl on eveything bigger than 55"...
Only 5 ? I thought we were at 8 or even higher... Somewhere in this forum I read that samsung is using 8 or more lumen techn, but dunno.
? Fake contrast. Thats just how the human eye works... It doesnt matter, if its fake contrast or not. What counts is the picture I get and with such a filter I will get a much better blacklevel when viewing at daytime or even under dimmed conditions.
That would explicate why pioneer improved their blacklevel every year by the factor of 10... 8G pioneer: 0.015 cd/m² 9G Pioneer: 0.0015 cd/m²
The kuro elite just needs a little bit of light and you will have zero blacks. So, 0.0002 will propably be enough.
Sry, but thats depends. I still saw a dark grey on my 5090 (0.001fl blacks) when displaying black content, so there is still a need for improvements for people like me. 0.0001 will propably be enough for a pitch black room environment, but who knows... I think this year we will see 0.002 fl blacks from the VT30 and 0.004 from the D8000 Samsung. Next year we will be in between a 5090 and a KRP Kuro (0.0004 blacks). I expect 2012 models to display 0.001- 0.0004 blacks. Maybe...
I agree. The VT25 looks ultra clear. Havent compared it with the samsung sets, but the pannys look definitly sharper than the Kuros.
Has nothing to do with troll its just that there are already a ton of threads about CES and Samsung, Panasonic sets. Why not just ask in some of these threads, instead of opening a thread asking a question no one can answere but just speculate. I expect Panasonic and Samsungs Highend flagship plasmas to have pretty much the same picture quality. Both will have their pro and cons, like the 2010 models had. Samsung pro: better design (my...