or Connect

Posts by pghyndman

Typically, it is because a new "data number" (as found in the CC pairing menu) has been established and access to premium channels is then lost. Although standard tier channels remain accessible, the "you do not subscribe to this channel" message displayed when tuning to the premium ones.Note: I've gotten different data numbers even when reformatting/reloading the very same drive over again.Paul
Hi Stephen,I was looking for a 7200rpm video-rated drive and got a really good deal on a Seagate SV35 Series ST2000VX000 2TB 7200 RPM unit. Not necessarily an endorsement for same, as time will tell. I also had a spare 500GB drive kicking around, which I set up to plonk in if needed in the future and sw is no longer available for download (though this does require the cable company to reset some data on their end for encrypted channels if used... Mark's notes cover all...
Most likely a hard drive issue and I, as many others here, faced the same conundrum: send it back and pay to have a similar drive installed, or install a better drive myself and become orphaned. I chose the latter and never regretted the decision to plonk in a larger (2TB) drive that was designed to withstand the rigors of a video system.Mark (giomania) has posted a very complete "how to" in the Hard drive replacement thread:http://www.avsforum.com/attachments/64734Not a...
Don't count out Moxi as dead just yet. The usual failure cause is death via hard drive, and the fix is quite simple and inexpensive: a more robust (optinally also larger) hard drive transplant. For a $100 (or so) and a minimal amount of effort (step-by-step instructions are in the Moxi Hard Drive Replacement thread), new life can be breathed into what I consider to be a really decent system. Alternately, in the less likely case of a Mate biting the dust, in a worst case...
Could be one of several things, depending on what changes/conditions the system has been subjected to, but if a drive was recently installed then it is most likely the data number is incorrect.When a new drive is installed the "Data Number" changes. Typically, you'll be able to receive basic tier channels but not the premium ones unless the cable company updates the info on their end.You can go to the diagnostics menu and look up the "Data Number" (in the card pairing...
Yep, worked like a charm. I used a socket (as in from a socket wrench set) though in lieu of a washer as, for me, it is easier to grip and keep squared on the four switches.Still don't know the function of the internal button switch, though (and I'm not inclined to check further: working fine = good enough; no sense "fixing it" until it breaks!)Paul
I had previously replaced our failing stock HD with a 500GB Seagate I had kicking around (which runs well), but wanted to install software to another drive to have a replacement ready to roll. In looking to increase storage size as well as reliability, I went to a 2TB Seagate SV35 series (ST2000VX000SP), purportedly designed for the rigors of 24/7 video surveillance (currently $120 delivered from CompUSA --- a few bucks less via credit card links etc). A quick and easy...
Thanks for providing info for this thread, guys. I'd like to add another possible snag that Mark helped me overcome in one of his previous postings; the inability to access premium stations after a drive swap. Comcast Customer Service and their tech were responsive, but it was not until I discovered Mark's info about the Data Number and the need to call "inbound", did we successfully complete the pairing. Thanks Mark! Paul
Just tried using an ATT iPhone 4 in Connecticut and it worked fine. Didn't have a scroll bar, but was able to roll through the schedule by dragging/flicking on it and successfully schedule a recording.
Thanks for the tip, it's so much easier than trying to do it the old way.Our 3 tuner Moxi is two years old still and running with the OEM HDD, but we're getting more frequent burps (2 months since the previous SNAFU). I was able to initiate the install, but the system was still at it 4 hours later so I aborted with a front panel reset (probably hanging up on a bad sector?). Everything is now back up and fully on-line, but there's the ominous threat that the HD will...