or Connect

Posts by Elaine58

Update: I took the Vantec enclosure with caviar blue inside it since Rogers told me they WON'T be able to retrieve lost shows. I attached it and reformatted the drive and I'm using it for extra memory for my computer. As far as the PVR, I will be returning the My Book AV as suggested by you Bryan. I was going to go out and buy another Vantec Nexstar 3 360 SU-BK and I was trying to decide between the WD Caviar Blacks 1.5Tb WD1502FAEX or the 1TB WD1002FAEX or...
Update: I see what happened. I just went to watch what DID work the other day and it won't play. I then saw a message about it being low in space. I then saw 96% capacity. It means it is no longer recognizing the My Book AV and it taped what it did today to the little space left on the internal drive in the PVR itself. Nothing's fixed. Could the My Book AV DVR Expander be connected to a laptop so that I could take TV shows taped from there to the expanded memory? ...
Ok, I'm in shock right now. The unexpected happened. I had made a decision to use the My Book AV DVR Expander for more memory for my computer. I had planned to use the Caviar Blue and Enclosure but I figured this way I'll have 1TB instead of 500gb to tape shows from my computer to the drive. I thought I would then do as you suggested and buy a WD Caviar Black and have the caviar blue and caviar black to use with my Vantec enclosure and could connect to the PVR whichever...
Thanks very much, Bryan. I have been looking into that all day. Would you know if I could buy a 1.5TB caviar black that would work with the Vantec enclosure and my Rogers 8300HD or do I have to limit myself to 1TB?
I let the PVR and My Book AV PVR Expander rest overnight and today. I was wrong about it being ok. The shows I taped yesterday are fine but I can't watch anything I tried taping tonight. The show listing always or most of the time even disappears. What should I do?
I rebooted and it seems to be working. Do I have to worry that it will stop again? Someone said something about a problem with it sleeping. I should note that it didn't ask for formatting and the amount of used time seemed correct. It did pop up as usual, saying the external drive works with the PVR.
Bryan, I know about the update since I had an internal hard drive with an enclosure connected to my Rogers 8300HD and can't view my old shows. I bought the My Book AV since it had more memory. I don't mind rebooting again but given the format DID seem to work, a message came on saying it's compatible, will rebooting do anything? It does seem to be taping my shows, I assume since it does list it. I just can't watch what I tape. For my internal hard drive that lost old...
I connected my new Westen Digital My Book AV PVR Expander to my Rogers SA 8300HD PVR. I thought it was fine because after it asked to format and I put for it to proceed, a minute or so later it said something like the external drive is compatible with the PVR and I clicked exit and it seemed ok. It seemed to tape shows. Without the expander, shows stopped due to lack of memory. I was at 96% or so used up until the expander, 13% with the expander. Anyhow I taped an hour...
I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD PVR and Rogers is my digital cable service provider. I bought a 500GB Western Digital external hard drive and a Vantec Nexstar 3 enclosure to have more than the 160GB hard drive the PVR came with. Problem is that I am at 90something% used capacity so I need more space. I wrote about this at another forum and the result seemed to be cloning from the external hard drive to another external hard drive with a larger memory. I found it...