or Connect

Posts by cel4145

So if not from BB, where did you get the numbers for the PB-1000 and SB-2000?
A "bit?" According to his numbers, the PB-1000 might out perform the XV15 (using Ricci's data). LOL
If those are Brent Butterworth numbers, his measurements for the PB-1000 have already been disputed pretty heavily because they don't make sense.
Here is the Canton owners thread. I'd suggest asking there
Nice! Be sure to come back and share your impressions of it in comparison to your other sub.
Meanwhile, SVS doesn't provide us a enough data on their website to know which is better.
I completely disagree that is a fact. What measurement data we have supports that it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. And how do you know that the SB-2000 driver is not more efficient? It's a bigger driver, plus it has a more powerful amp (why would you claim that the PB-1000 amp is better???). My guess would be that they are probably on par with each other, but that's just a guess. I don't know. I'd rather hear what Nikwasi has to say since he did a lot of...
+1To manually calibrate, you will need an SPL meter for measuring the volume at the listening position.
But the enclosure on the SB-1000 is VERY tiny. I have never tested it directly against my Mirage Prestige S10 10" ported sub, but I think the S10 might win in max output. Given the reputation for how much output the PB-1000 has, I would bet on it. After all, SVS was saying that the PB-1000 performs within a few db of the PB12 in the higher (music) frequencies.
B-stock SVS PB12-NSD. Here's a review: http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/pb12-nsd