or Connect

Posts by McStyvie

what mode do they go to stand by in? what volume? I have found that on Spotify for example, the subs don't kick in until around 38 on the volume. This varies by music type of course, but some sources just do not put out bass, which could also affect them.For music, you may just want to leave them "on".For movies, you should always be getting a signal to them, at least I do on mine. Some things to check:Subwoofers are "on" in the AVRSub level is not set too low in the...
I use mini DSP AND XT32 and honestly, it does not get any better than that in my opinion. I used mini DSP with Mult EQ for a long time, and it was great. But with XT32 on top of the Mini DSP it is really just pure bliss...Someone who is spending a couple to three grand on subs should really not hesitate to add a mini DSP + UMIK1 + Free REW to their setup. It is cheap and freaking amazing.
I quit d3 a while back because there was no pvp, is there pvp now? If so, any good? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Stevedodd - looking better. Use your REW auto EQ to flatten that graph (limit the boost to 3Db, or max 5db)and then run your calibration on it. Should look sweet after that. Make sure you run the Auto EQ on an AVERAGE of a few listening places to get the best response over several listening positions (unless you fly solo, then just the main LP.) Steveting - The way I did it, was to measure the one sub, and then add the second and measure the combined response. You...
Based on your media room and the toys you have, it does not look like 500 dollars is gonna hurt you. Go for the x4000 for sure. And get more subs while you are at it. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Kef C1 or C3 or the Dali Zensor 1 Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Well said, I watched EG right before Smaug, which may have biased my opinion. Ender's Game tops Oblivion in both level and dynamics, but missed out on the coveted five star rating by a narrow margin in the polls. Way better film too in my opinion.It gets my vote though for Bass Movie of the year.
hi, am so jealous of the great companies you guys have stateside for drivers. I am looking for a good source for DIY sub drivers in the EU. A search here did not turn up anything. I will be making a 15" or 18" sealed cube in the next year or so, and want to start sourcing the parts. Thanks in advance!
For what it is worth, here is my review at Blu-ray dot com for Smaug 3D 3D and story amazing, bass disappointing I assume everyone has read the Hobbit, so you will notice that the movie does not stick to the story line. That may bother some, but it did not bother me too much. But still, it loses a star for that, because Peter Jackson cannot rewrite the Hobbit better than Tolkien. It is very obviously fluff to fill what should be a three hour movie and make it into a 9...
Darn that should be video, not audio... Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk