or Connect

Posts by UNCHeel

The short version of the question is, "In a 7.1 setup with the surrounds and rears approximately the same distance from the viewing/listening position, should the surrounds be at the same height as the rears?" I am asking this because I am having some custom stands made for my surrounds and rears which will be direct radiating. I have read hundred of posts in several different threads in this forum concerning 5.1 and 7.1 speaker placement. I had always been under the...
It is the same specific showing. I know what you are talking about. If you cancel at show that is run in the evening it will immediately set a recording for any reshowing later that night or a few days later if a rerun of that specific show is within a week.. That is not what it is doing. It is rescheduling the same showing, So yeah it really is bad behavior.Which brings up an interesting point. I have noticed recently that when I have a conflict and one of the shows...
Well that is a decision that I have already been made. In the first year, I would have transitioned to Integra separates but not now. But I still have to get this 70.1 working for now. And you are right, the dealer has been excellent from a customer service standpoint. The next step is going to be having them discuss this with Integra and do a home visit. But I am probably going to have to pick all or some of the bill for that, since it works in their shop. That's why...
I have an Integra 70.1 AVR that I have owned for just over three years. Recently the HDMI went out. Actually just the video. Sound was fine. Did not matter what source I tried. Whatever happened actually took out the HDMI port on the Integra and the input port on my Kuro 141fd. (In case you are wondering I use an APC S20BLK that all power and incoming video is run through.) While I wasn't happy about the Kuro, at least I have three other HDMI ports to use. The Integra...
For some of my shows I intentionally have it set to record all shows. For some, the reason is to catch back episodes I have missed. But there is no need to record the ones I have seen, esp. when a marathon run can fill up the DVR real quick. This other reason is that for some of my shows the program guide database is wrong and does not mark new shows as new. This seems to come and go. I have had that happen with MythBusters, Top Gear and Bleach.
Does anyone else have problems canceling upcoming recordings since the update? When I cancel pending recordings they show back up in the list the next day. I don't have a full understanding of when it is happening but it seems to be in the middle of the night or morning or perhaps a certain number of hours later. I have noticed this a lot recently due to the number of holiday marathon rerun sessions for several of my series shows. My DVR is not rebooting in the middle...
Thanks guys.You would think they would put that instruction on there somewhere. They have the whole screen taken over with that folder menu.Speaking of the diag. menu, our section here around Raleigh, NC seems to be pushing the Motorola boxes lately. That is about all the guys have on their trucks. I seem to recall in the past there were actually two diag menus, the full version that ran some 20 pages and a shorter one. I can't seem to get that short diag menu to come...
With the new ODN, does anyone know how to escape back up a menu level in the DVR menu once you have reached the screen for an individual show? Or the show folder if you want to call it that. I feel like it ought to be staring me in the face, but I can see it.
I saw that one. The only problem is the way that is constructed it is a stand alone plate. It is a lot thicker than a standard plate. So I would have to have another 2 gang plate for my other keystones. I know it sounds silly but I think I would prefer to have one big plate instead of multiple smaller plates. And while the horizontal spacing is wider, with 5 pair the vertical spacing is still tight. I am running 7.2 right now. So I only really need 4 pair for the sides...