or Connect

Posts by brendanb21

To anyone who can help, Since moving into the home, I have added a 16mm layer of acoustic drywall to all existing walls (10mm standard plasterboard) and ceiling with construction liquid nail glue (1 tube per sheet) then screwed to the studs. I have enough sheets of 16mm to do a 2nd layer on top again (so 3 layers total). However I am not confident on the fixing method, do i use liquid nails again? green glue is too expensive for my budget, and I am afraid that due to the...
Hi Dsiroky,I checked out your thread, I too have found Rim Fabrics, and it is quite cheap. If you are intersted I have also found a local supplier for GOM and another which looks very similar.How have you found the 2 layers of the Fire Check go for quiteness? I was planning on the GG route, but again kepping cost down I opted out.I see you also say Sugarloaf? are you referring to Newcastle/Hunter Valley?
I did consider using clips and channel for all walls and ceiling, but like Elill stated the price in Aus is astronomical! I just cant justify it, without hearing the results first. Im not going to stress too much yet on the sound isolation, once i can get in there setup my current system and see how the room goes as is. Im still planning on 2 layers of 16mm on the ceiling, plus then building a decent soffit around the room, which will also be filled with...
Hi Mate,Thank you for the suggestions. The only thing the contractors are doing is installing and setting the fire stop, from there after handover,I have decided to do this theatre complete DIY. My budget is around 30K. Speakers, Screen & Projector puts me around $15,000.So i still need to build stages, diffuser panels, acoustic panels, S**T load of fabric, and finish off with 2 sets of cinema lounges.Budget will be tight.If you are referring to the steel beam. My...
You should have seen the look on the reps face when i asked for no windows lol. it was almost like she wanted to say, you know you will die from lack of oxygen and light in there....For the windows, the bottom window will have black tint so can not see from the outside, then filled with insulation and double gyprocked over.For the top window, again black tint, I will then be creating a diffuser panel, 2400x600 the frame will 90x35, with 2" acoustic foam, black fabricked...
Hey Elill, thanks for stopping by my thread. Its good to see another aussie building a dedicated home theatre, everyone i talk to about thinks i'm crazy, its just not very common.Awesome photo, i have a 4yo lab named bailey, im very much NOT looking forward to pulling his hair out of every nook and cranny in the home theatre, as you must know that stuffsomehow weaves it self through any type of fabric. I opened up a can of beans the other night and his hair was inside it!!!
Hi Elill,We are building with Masterton.I originally planned to use c channel and sound clips from the very beginning. But 2 things changed my mind.Firstly, I was looking at around $2000 for clips GG. And im trying to keep cost downs as much as possible.Secondly, I had my 30th Birthday, my wife hired out a gold class reading cinema and invited 25 of my closest.The manager on the night gave me a tour to the projection area and let me see the computers running the software,...
No replies yet? Update, spent 20 hours this weekend running all the network cabling through the house and adding speaker wire for the cinema room. Decided with a 12 gauge wire. I have allowed for a 9.1 setup. For insulation, i used Bunnings acoustic earth wool. Surpisingly not too bad to work with, hardly any loose fibers. Also, received my Z-Wave starter kit and Ir to WIFI module. Hooked it up to a few test lights and my oppo. Made a simple macro to dim the lights...
Hi All, Im in the process of building a dedicated full light control room (no windows), completely black ceiling and walls. I got a little over excited about my build and purchased a 160" 2.37:1 Majestic Fixed Screen w Evo3D & Fidelio Velvet frame as standard (acoustic vision 4K). I am a little scared that the screen will be too big for the proposed projector (X75) to really produce a bright image, especially in 3D. Is anyone running ascreen this size with an X35 or...
Hi Mate, Awesome build. I love the staggered wall. Congrats. Not sure if this has been asked allready, but how do you find the colour of the walls with light reflections from the screen? Especially running the JVC which is no slouch. The reason i ask, my current HT has no treatments but painted low sheen dark grey and it still lights up considerably to the point of a little distraction? Cheers from OZ.