or Connect

Posts by Phat Ham

what is the issue with edge lit tv's?
My girlfriend has $1000 to spend on a new tv. She had a 40" sony google tv that got stolen, and while she seemed fine with the 40" size I always thought it was too small. I think something in the 46-50" range would suit her room better. A quick look on amazon shows the Panasonic ST30 46" is just under $1000. If it were me I'd just get that and be done with it, but I think the nearly 3" thickness of the panel and 60 lb weight will turn her off (she has this crazy need...
Hi. I'm looking for recommendations for a 5.1 system with the following constraints: 1) The fronts will be mounted on the wall along with my krp-600m. 2) The rears will be ceiling mounted (7.5' ceiling). 3) The room is 21' x 17', but the actual listening area is only 12' wide by 17' deep. The couch will be pretty close to the back wall with a viewing distance of about 14'. 4) Overall budget is $2000. I'm looking at the marantz nr1402 ($400) for a receiver and...
Can the min20 be wall mounted horizontally using the standard included mount? I'm guessing the mount can be attached either vertically or horizontally but would like confirmation. Also, if I am wall mounting the front 3 speakers in a 5.1 setup do you think it's ok to use the standard mount or should I pony up for the pivoting wall mounts so I can point the speakers inward? The left and right speakers will be about 6 or 7 feet apart from each other and my viewing...
My first 600m was broken on delivery. The local shipper only sent one guy even though the bill of lading said 2 man delivery. The box was strapped to the side of the truck but was not on a pallet. The driver was in a big hurry and wouldn't let me open the box without a signature. I noted that the box was damaged and signed it. He left about half a second later so I could not open the box before he left. It was heart breaking seeing the cracked screen. I called the...
just got a 600m and was looking for settings other people are using. Found one post by elite home. Not sure if anyone else had posted settings.
yeah i was looking for it since I just got my 600m. It shows up in the google search but when you click on it "no thread specified"
My credit card doubles the standard warranty, but only if the original warranty is 1 year or less. So I'd get 2 years either way. Check your CC policy it may offer similar protection.
well the packing slip/invoice/whatever it's called that I have says 2 man delivery and they only sent one guy, so.... Regardless, I will be making a few phone calls tomorrow to make sure everyone's on the same page. The local delivery was contracted out to a third party and my hunch is that's where something got lost in translation. When I bought the plasma from the retailer they explicitly told me I would be able to inspect the tv before signing off, which isn't what...
The problem is the guy who you talk to when you setup the delivery is not the guy who actually delivers the tv. The driver will want to drop it off and get out of there as quick as he can. When my 600m was delivered the driver (there was only one guy even though it was supposed to be a 2 man delivery) would not stick around to let me open the box. Of course it was cracked. Not really a big deal that he left. When they deliver the replacement they will pick up the...