or Connect

Posts by cleland500

Henrich, Thanks for the info, I'm a novice when it comes to gains and such. With the values I input it shows my center gain would be 1.67 with a 2.4 Gain HP...if I'm reading it correctly.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I don't think the ambient light will be overpowering, there is only one window in the basement and it faces east so after about noon it's mostly shaded down there. My projector will be ceiling mounted about 8-12" from the ceiling so it won't be eye level...would the 2.4 gain still apply? Viewing angle won't be a problem. All seats are close to centered in the room, it's a rectangle with the screen on one of the shorter walls...
Little more info on the screen I'd ideally like to get. I don't need an AT screen, ceilings are white, screen wall will probably be a deep red with the rest of the walls being a light charcoal color. Seating and throw distance will be about the same ~14'. I'll be watching a lot of HD sports and gaming. With probably 20-30% movies.
Just throwing this back up here, plenty of views but no ideas yet...
I'm hoping to pull the trigger on a Sony VPLHW30AES very soon. I'll probably be going with Mike from AVS for that. I'm looking for a budget friendly 110" screen to match with it. The room is a large rectangle for the most part. With little to no ambient light. There is a window in the room but we will have blackout shades on it, although I wouldn't mind leaving it open once in awhile or having the lights on during football games. What material and gain would be best for...
I realized some were wireless from receiver to base, just didn't know which ones were reliable. I'll try the next gen though, that sounds like a great solution, thanks!
I'm looking at this unit: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_051ELM501/Sanus-ELM501-IR-Repeater-System.html?tp=2096&#customer-reviews-tab It seams simple enough, I only worry about how long the cable is from the receiver to the hub/transmitter behind the cabinet...
Mdavej, Any suggestions online where to browse the different possibilities you listed? Do some of these extender kits come with long cables from the receiver to transmitter? I'd need about 20', some of the ones I've seen don't look all that long.
Any ideas? Looking for a simple wife acceptable solution...
Been searching for awhile now and I'm trying to find the best simple solution (something my wife will use without complaining) for my remote set up in the living room. I've got a basic idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. I'd like to hide the Blu-Ray player, Comcast HD-DVR and Xbox360 in a cabinet about 15' from the TV. I would like to use the same Comcast remote to operate the components that we already have. So I'm thinking I need some sort of extender or repeater....