or Connect

Posts by Barbazul

Well well, I must say thank you Bill! As soon as I saw your post I went to home and double check and you were right. The default LFE value for all the inputs is 0, but if it sounds too high you can adjust to -10, -20 or -infinite. This is an excellent discovery as the Multich PCM (DVD-A) LFE volume was a little high to my test, now I can switch between SACD and DVD-A without adjusting the LFE in my control. Great! I also discovered an angle setting for the FR and FL...
Hi, thank you for your welcome, I've been a follower of this site for some years but I don't post so often. You're so right with the 2 channel clarification, as you wrote, it can't be an issue.Bill, my Onkyo haven't this setting to boost LFE for DSD, it's a modest model but sounds great =)
Hello everyone, Reading this thread I was curious about how my gear outputs low bass with DSD setting. I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 AVR and an Oppo BDP-95 player. I have the SACD Output set to DSD on my Oppo by default, wich is handled very good by this AVR. I set both to Pure Audio and played the Beyoncé SACD wich have aggressive bass. I always listen with Audyssey EQ On so the bass in pure audio is lower, to begin, but when I set the Oppo to PCM I HEAR NO PERCEPTIBLE change...
More to add, both from the master Steven Wilson: 2011 Grace For Drowning (released as a single bluray and also included in the deluxe edition) The forthcoming (february, 26th): Raven That Refused To Sing (will be included in the deluxe edition and also as a single bluray)
Hi Odys, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Did you like what you heared in the CD? Please give an update when you listen to the 5.1 version, I'd like to know your opinion and to know wich audio format is it (DD, DTS, PCM).=)
As I posted somewhere else, I've been refusing to go for the digital media releases until now. Reasons? 1. Hildur Gudnadottir is one of my fave contemporary icelandic artists (played/recorded with bands Pan Sonic & Múm) 2. The kind of music is unique and very icelandic (highly recommended if you like Sigur Rós, Jóhann Jóhannsson). Very minimalistic and ambient... neoclassic as is it. 3. Beeing a fan of 5.1 music, I'm hungry to listen new music in multichannel (I'm not...
Heaven Or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins Hector Zazou - Sahara Blue Fever Ray - Fever Ray Royksopp - Melody A.M. Lisa Gerrard - The Mirror Pool Ok, ok... not so commercial hits but outstanding music. Ah I almost forget: multichannel, stereo hybrid SACD or nothing! =)
It's hybrid stereo SACD, so no multichannel mix. I definitely hear a difference: more clear, fuller and detailed sound in the SACD layer vs Redbook layer. Bass is deeper and in the 2nd track the voices (chorus) sound superb. This is my first experience with Tangerine Dream and I really liked it, is dark, ambient and very seventies. 2 SACDs were released from Virgin and remastered by Simon Heyworth in 2001: Tangerine Dream's Rubycon and Songs of Sanctuary by Adiemus (both...
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon (new SACD) Deep Forest - Comparsa (new SACD) Tiny Island - Tiny Island (new SACD) Yellow Magic Orchestra - UCYMO (new SACS) Peter Gabriel - So (used SACD) My wallet is bleeding!!
The following are 4 exceptions where, by the way, I find exquisite music and excellent mix: voice located in front speakers but all other instruments and effects are very discrete and sometimes aggressive throughout the 5 speakers. Highly recommended but maybe not everyone cup of tea =) 1. Schiller, Day And Night Live. 2. Gotan Project, La Revancha del Tango Live 3. Schiller, Lightblick. 4. Björk, Vespertine Live at Royal Opera House